Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rihanna & Jay-z new track

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

the jigga man does himself no favors again, best rapper alive my arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

lol i like this, downloaded rihanna for my niece so heard it in back round, its not bad imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 johnj26

the jigga man does himself no favors again, best rapper alive my arse.

this track will be huge :rolleyes:

johnj26 wrote: »

ye anything rhinna touches is huge mate its pop not hip hop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

So are Westlife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Melion wrote: »
    So are Westlife
    still cant believe their breaking up.:(

Jay-z on there makes it hip hop im afriad mate, you not see Tim Westwood's top 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Jay-z on there makes it hip hop im afriad mate, you not see Tim Westwood's top 10

LOL

Was Justin Bieber's 'Baby' hip-hop then? This is a pop song with a rap artist featuring.

I'm sorry was rhianna in his top 10 I must of missed her! ( wouldn't surprise me )

The song is rhianna ft Jay z not the other way around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Beyonce tracks with Jay-Z like Crazy In Love and Deja Vu aren't hip-hop.

• Advertisement

I guess Drake ft. Ri-Ri "Take Care" ain't hip-hop either then just cause its Rhianna? :rolleyes:

Some you people seem to think you have to look like Rick Ross to do hiphop tracks.

also "Upgrade U" Beyonce ft. Jay-z was one of the best hip-hop tracks that year.

this track will take over the clubs i think, i know hits when i hear them :cool:

I guess Drake ft. Ri-Ri "Take Care" ain't hip-hop either then just cause its Rhianna? :rolleyes:

Some you people seem to think you have to look like Rick Ross to do hiphop tracks.

also "Upgrade U" Beyonce ft. Jay-z was one of the best hip-hop tracks that year.

this track will take over the clubs i think, i know hits when i hear them :cool:

I wouldn't really consider "Take Care ft. Rihanna" to be hip-hop, more pop/R&B than hip-hop anyway. Underground Kings on the same album is hip-hop.

It likely will be a hit, doesn't for a second mean it's hip-hop though so no need to be going on telling us 'you know a hit when you hear them' like you're LA Reid or something, my 7 year old sister knows anything with Rihanna on it will be a hit.

Anyone could tell its a hit after its already on radio/tv etc :rolleyes:
    its not my fault I have an eye for hits, although i appreciate the comparison with LA Reid, he's cool bloke.

so now Drizzy Drake aint hip hop either :confused: see my point on having to look like Rick Ross lol

Anyone could tell its a hit after its already on radio/tv etc :rolleyes:
    its not my fault I have an eye for hits, although i appreciate the comparison with LA Reid, he's cool bloke.

Not sure if you're trolling or if you're actually being serious...?

its not my fault I have an eye for hits

You have an "eye" for hit music? OK.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    its not my fault I have an eye for hits

You have an "eye" for hit music? OK.

Ah he is only fishing/looking for attention boredom makes you do desperate things.

There's no way this young fella can be this stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

You can not use a top 10 list made by the biggest gimp in the history of gimps to win an argument.
    No offence but in doing so you have proved that you know fúck all about hip hop.

Rihanna is sexy

that only works on youtube luke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    You can not use a top 10 list made by the biggest gimp in the history of gimps to win an argument.
    No offence but in doing so you have proved that you know fúck all about hip hop.

I think he was being sarcastic. At least I hope he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

You lads are forgetting the unofficial rules of this forum.

Rappers are only acceptable if they are commercially unsuccessful. Jay Z is now wealthy and acceptable by the masses and is therefore not 'real' hip hop. You need to listen to obscure credible hip hop / old hip hop (or both) as then you are automatically credible also. Anyone who likes anything different or popular immediately "knows nothing about hip hop". This is regardless of talent.

Obviously should an obscure act become successful they are immediately uncool and you should seek the next Canadian underground hardcore MC or listen to more MF Doom (even if in your heart of hearts you know it is mostly rather poor)

Don't forget you are the authority in hip hop and yours is the only opinion that counts so make sure you declare things as either hip hop or not as there is no inbetween. If people disagree then there is 'beef' and figuratively speaking you should 'clap these toys' all over this forum so the rest of us can be ****ing bored to tears by your needless and super (duper) dull arrogance

:)

Quite like Rihanna would like to do her with great enthusiasm :)
    I suggest making this a sticky. :)

• Advertisement

bigpoppa wrote: »

Rappers are only acceptable if they are commercially unsuccessful. Jay Z is now wealthy and acceptable by the masses and is therefore not 'real' hip hop. You need to listen to obscure credible hip hop / old hip hop (or both) as then you are automatically credible also. Anyone who likes anything different or popular immediately "knows nothing about hip hop". This is regardless of talent.

Obviously should an obscure act become successful they are immediately uncool and you should seek the next Canadian underground hardcore MC or listen to more MF Doom (even if in your heart of hearts you know it is mostly rather poor)

Don't forget you are the authority in hip hop and yours is the only opinion that counts so make sure you declare things as either hip hop or not as there is no inbetween. If people disagree then there is 'beef' and figuratively speaking you should 'clap these toys' all over this forum so the rest of us can be ****ing bored to tears by your needless and super (duper) dull arrogance

wtf are you on about?

get over it mate its pop not hip hop.

Would people call umbrella by rihanna rap because jay z raps in the start of it?

No they wouldnt.

Would people call umbrella by rihanna rap because jay z raps in the start of it?

No they wouldnt.

Under the aforementioned rules it would not be considered not hip hop as both JayZ and Rihanna make the charts and are now not credible.

(It if was Lumidee with Fabulous it might be just about be hip hop as they are more 'street' and the video would look cheaper although in the case of Fab he is pretty successful.)

The exception here would be Biggie and Meth Tracks with Mary J Blige as although hugely successful somehow manage to be hip hop.

Gets complicated, incidentally who the **** told you you could declare what was hip hop or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mister-M5

Catchy song, it will probably be very big mainstream but the beat is far too similar to Black & Yellow. Stargate produced both.

Under the aforementioned rules it would not be considered not hip hop as both JayZ and Rihanna make the charts and are now not credible.

(It if was Lumidee with Fabulous it might be just about be hip hop as they are more 'street' and the video would look cheaper although in the case of Fab he is pretty successful.)

The exception here would be Biggie and Meth Tracks with Mary J Blige as although hugely successful somehow manage to be hip hop.

Gets complicated, incidentally who the **** told you you could declare what was hip hop or not?

No the biggie/meth and mary j tracks are rap/hip hop supported by an R&B singer (mary j) and I'm not the one who declares what hip hop is it's just common knowledge to a hip hop fan what is and is'nt hip hop.

I'm not the one who declares what hip hop is

Damn skippy.

Damn skippy.

What is that supposed to mean?

haha i was only doing it too get 25 comments too get the thumbs up yoke haha, i received 4 infraction over "being naughty" and "trolling" , i was writing mad **** on the offaly thread 1 lad sed "things too do in offaly", i said "hang yourself" hahha i got abused it was fukn gas

lol hang yourself XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Rihanna, didnt know she was still around.

Advertisement