Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cannabis use

Options
  • 22-11-2011 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I emailed this question to the western region drugs task force and recieved no reply so i'll post it here and see if someone can point me in the right direction!

As you already know, thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands?) of people in Ireland smoke cannabis on a daily basis.
    I know that education is the best way to reduce these numbers by documenting health concerns etc. and make it seem less appealing and socially accepted. The only problem with this is that it's negative effects on health are minimal and not well proven.

HOWEVER, I am certain that 90% of the cannabis consumed in Ireland is contaminated and nobody knows what it's contaminated with. Have any samples been tested or research done? Surely these contaminants are dangerous and awareness of their effects would reduce the numbers smoking it in the first place. Where would I find further info on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Grabs tin foil hat

• Registered Users Posts: 22,206 ✭✭✭✭Esel

GalwayRDI wrote: »
    I am certain that 90% of the cannabis consumed in Ireland is contaminated and nobody knows what it's contaminated with
    Certain? 90%? Do you have a good source for the other 10%? :D
    Where would I find further info on this?
    Eh, emmm, well.... there's this site called googoil or something...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Most common thing used to way it down is apparently 7up sprayed on it, the sugar gives it more weight. Prohibition only makes this worse as the dealer can pretty much sell anything green at 3.5g for 50 euro and people will buy it. Dealers should get more time if they are spraying the weed that causes more damage to your health than it should. Won't happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I
    HOWEVER, I am certain that 90% of the cannabis consumed in Ireland is contaminated and nobody knows what it's contaminated with.

Your stats and logic seem sound sir! Carry on.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

HOWEVER, I am certain that 90% of the cannabis consumed in Ireland is contaminated and nobody knows what it's contaminated with. Have any samples been tested or research done? Surely these contaminants are dangerous and awareness of their effects would reduce the numbers smoking it in the first place. Where would I find further info on this?

Ok so are we talking about weed or hash?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

with legalization the problem of it being sprayed with and being mixed with all manner of ****e (glass etc.)to increase profit would mostly dissapear but hey the government knows best right us pot smokers are just clueless dirty hippies right :pac: although with legalization we run the risk of mass produced inferior product being sprayed with fertilizer to increase yield so we can't win either way can we.?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    with legalization the problem of it being sprayed with and being mixed with all manner of ****e (glass etc.)to increase profit would mostly dissapear but hey the government knows best right us pot smokers are just clueless dirty hippies right :pac: although with legalization we run the risk of mass produced inferior product being sprayed with fertilizer to increase yield so we can't win either way can we.?:pac:

I hate to say this but any weed any one grows needs Nutrients added to water every second to third week what you think you creat bud the side of your fist with a little bit of compost ? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement