Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are you up so late?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I'm not up late; I'm up early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Going to bed now. My working day is finally over until 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

Playing Battlefield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

whats sky rim if its what i think it is dont think the gf will wake up:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

bah googled it ..................... shoooiiiiteeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I'm checking boards in case someone says something interesting and then I can make a sarcastic remark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

Im working in the States, so only 9.30pm here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

whos up at 5.25am? alcoholics,the unemployable, angry loners,yeah that sums up why im up this late :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Im thinking about christmas only 2 more sleeps for us insomniacs..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

cause someone has to bang on the walls at 4 in the morning to annoy the neighbours whilst playing skyrim on ps3 and MW3 on pc.

like a boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

I was out earlier, and im thinking ill stay up till college at 10 am because i cant trust myself to get up after 3 hours sleep. Tis a sad state of affairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

In order for the same clock time to always correspond to the same portion of the day as the Earth rotates (for example, the sun being at its highest point every day around noon), different places on the Earth need to have different clock times. Time zones have been used in modern times so similarly situated cities can keep exactly the same time, for simplicity and ease of communication.

As I am located in a vastly different time zone to you OP who I presume posted this in Ireland it appears that I am also up very late/early. However in truth I am posting at a perfectly reasonable time of the day where I am.

I hope this answers you query and look forward to helping you again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Doc wrote: »
    In order for the same clock time to always correspond to the same portion of the day as the Earth rotates (for example, the sun being at its highest point every day around noon), different places on the Earth need to have different clock times. Time zones have been used in modern times so similarly situated cities can keep exactly the same time, for simplicity and ease of communication.

As I am located in a vastly different time zone to you OP who I presume posted this in Ireland it appears that I am also up very late/early. However in truth I am posting at a perfectly reasonable time of the day where I am.

I hope this answers you query and look forward to helping you again.

so... cork Really does have its own time zone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Doc wrote: »
    In order for the same clock time to always correspond to the same portion of the day as the Earth rotates (for example, the sun being at its highest point every day around noon), different places on the Earth need to have different clock times boy. Time zones have been used in modern times so similarly situated cities can keep exactly the same time, for simplicity and ease of communication boy.

As I am located in a vastly different time zone to you OP who I presume posted this in Ireland it appears that I am also up very late/early boy. However in truth I am posting at a perfectly reasonable time of the day where I am boy.

I hope this answers you query and look forward to helping you again boy.

If I had posted like this I could understand your comment but as I did not you are I am afaid incorrect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm working 11 - 9.

so very very tired. :(

I hate my job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    whos up at 5.25am? alcoholics,the unemployable, angry loners,yeah that sums up why im up this late :D

And parents whose children swim competitively.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'm 7 to 7...:P:D
    I am 17 to 08:00 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

iam a vampire thats why iam up late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Insomnia - same as last night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Woke up thinking it was 8:15 so I jumped in the shower to get ready for a 9am lecture. Didn't check the time til I got out. It was 4:25, I'm a little bit embarassed...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Last night this shift. :D
    Off til saturday night. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Chibs wrote: »
    I am 17 to 08:00 :(

that's horrendous. what job are you doing?

Been awake 23 hours so far......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Its not particularly late/early now, but I was up at 5am after getting to bed at 12. Going from a late **** to an early shift is hell :s

Coffee,lots of coffee...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

An hour and a half away till my shift ends then off till Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Just woke up...London soon..seeing Vanessa Carlton for the first time tonight :)

I got to meet her....... I met my music HERO :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I'm on sick leave this week but I've also got a report due for work tomorrow. Because I've been so drugged up and feverish all day I've been drifting in and out of sleep and been working really slow. It's about 4am now, I have max 2 hours left to finish this and I'm nowhere near done.

I really need some sort of second wind right now but I can't concentrate at all as I'm so sick and tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

My cat woke me up.

whirlpool wrote: »
    that's horrendous. what job are you doing?
    I work in security i normally do two 15 and a 9 or one 15 and two 12

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ojola

Just chilling ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ojola

Chibs wrote: »
    I work in security i normally do two 15 and a 9 or one 15 and two 12

I know what yuo talking about mate. I worked in that for 15 years. Quit earlier this year and still acnt sleep properly

ojola wrote: »
    I know what yuo talking about mate. I worked in that for 15 years. Quit earlier this year and still acnt sleep properly
    This time last year i was a electrician but its a few bob at the end of the day so i wont complain.

Advertisement