Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another I'm about to move in thread

Options
  • 22-11-2011 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    So myself and the missus are moving out of a room-share due to a bad person living here. That and the heating is continuously failing etc. Anyways we're moving into an apartment together. We viewed one with great interest albeit a bit far out it suits our budget.

We didn't have the whole deposit upfront so we paid 1/3 of it there and then in cash in the apartment. I called the letting agent who passed on bank details for the rest. Is there anyway to verify this is procedure?

Also we're looking to move our own stuff in and I want to tell the letting agent what to and what not to remove. Would it be a problem to call them and ask to meet me there?

They're requesting the deposit upfront and then a months rent on moving in which we're planning on doing this Sunday if not then Monday.
    I'd rather send the money via bank details than cash. I pay the current rent in the house we're moving from is by standing order

Hope this makes some sense as I'm quite excited at the moment :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Never deal in cash unless you are a drug dealer.
    Cheque or EFT only.
    You can lose a receipt, you cannot lose a transaction on your bank statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

This post has been deleted.

Well when viewing I asked and was told it wouldn't be a problem. I just wanted to confirm with them.

As for receipts.. yup I've photocopied the current one already.

Advertisement