Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which modem - does it matter??

Options
  • 22-11-2011 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

I've just signed up with a new internet provider and need to buy a modem. It must be ADSL2 compatible. I've never had to buy a modem before so need some advice please!

Does it make much difference what one I go for? Are some better than others, give better speeds?? Does spending more money make it a better modem? They seem to cost anything from $70 to $300 (I'm in Australia btw) The broadband company will sell me one for $129. Should I go with their one or scrimp and buy one of the cheaper ones. Or spend a bit more for a top model? :confused: I really haven't the first clue so any advice appreciated. :)

Advertisement