Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I believe in Kevpants" (S&SS Off Topic thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Crikey I should have resized that before posting. I'll have nightmares now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Went to The Hen House in Dun Laoghaire today... so.much.chicken! Amazing, not a patch on crackbird though :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Went to The Hen House in Dun Laoghaire today... so.much.chicken! Amazing, not a patch on crackbird though :cool:

Both < Nando's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

ye really are spoilt...limericks latest food joint is something called "The Harley Rock Cafe"

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Hanley wrote: »
    Both < Nando's
    If we're talking about prices I'm pretty sure everything in the world < Nandos though

• Advertisement

If we're talking about prices I'm pretty sure everything in the world < Nandos though

Gourmet fast food ftw.
    ye really are spoilt...limericks latest food joint is something called "The Harley Rock Cafe"

Hedley rocks?

New buisness venture is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Both < Nando's
    Why are Nandos suddenly being mentioned everywhere. I've noticed it on a few forums.
    Are they only recently availible in ireland or something.

Mellor wrote: »
    Why are Nandos suddenly being mentioned everywhere. I've noticed it on a few forums.
    Are they only recently availible in ireland or something.

Precisely. And it doesn't have much to beat here in fairness.

Think the one in dundrum's open about 2 years?! A few more have popped up around the city in the last 12 months too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

There's one on Mary street too.

Dead Ed wrote: »
    There's one on Mary street too.

South William Street, Swords and maybe Blanchardstown as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Free refills, sweet potato mash and luso beans had me sold instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

I feel a bit meh about Nandos to be honest. Its just chicken, after all.
    We were in Dundrum last night and tried to eat there but ended up in Wagamama's as the queue/waiting time for Nandos was ridiculous.

I feel a bit meh about Nandos to be honest. Its just chicken, after all.
    We were in Dundrum last night and tried to eat there but ended up in Wagamama's as the queue/waiting time for Nandos was ridiculous.

I REALLY hate wagamma's.

Actually I was in Mongolian BBQ on Friday night for the first time - there's a place that doesn't get enough respect. All you can eat for 15 bucks, but you pick the raw ingredients yoursel from the service area, pass them to the chef, he cooks them in front of you and hands them across. AMAZING.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

I REALLY hate wagamma's.

Actually I was in Mongolian BBQ on Friday night for the first time - there's a place that doesn't get enough respect. All you can eat for 15 bucks, but you pick the raw ingredients yoursel from the service area, pass them to the chef, he cooks them in front of you and hands them across. AMAZING.
    Never eaten there. Do they do gluten free stuff? Wasn't that gone on Wagamama's -all the gf menu options seem to be veggie:(

I LOVE Cortina's in Dundrum but the huz is sick of the back gills of the place at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Yep. Mongol BBQ rules. I get the all you can eat for ten quid and all since I'm a part time student. All I can meat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Anyone tried Bear yet? Any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Mongolian BBQ is righteous!
    I was in a similar place in holland but they had all you can drink wine and beer too. You skewered & cooked your meat over coals (and had someone there to supervise and stop people who like their chicken rare). Dunno if that'd work in dublin what with abundant booze and viable weapons.

Never actually been to nandos, didn't know it was just chicken. Do they have awesome special super sauces or something?

Never actually been to nandos, didn't know it was just chicken. Do they have awesome special super sauces or something?

They do actually. Loads of deadly sauces which you can buy separately. The thing I like about Nandos is that it's consistently good food. Yeah, it is *just* chicken, but when I'm starving and don't want any filler (bread, side-salad and other stuff) and just a deadly feed, I'll hit nandos and eat them out of house and home.

Went yesterday after the gym actually, I haz loyalty card.

The mongo BBQ is class as well. I made the rookie mistake of lashing on the BBQ sauce and the sweet chilli sauce and expecting it to be nice. I may as well have just eaten fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Lots of food for thought in here!

To-Do List

Try out nandos
    Try out mongolian bbq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Mongolian BBQ is savage.

• Advertisement

First official boards strength sports beers at Mongo BBQ so.

F*ck those tofu eating fitness w*nkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

First official boards strength sports beers at Mongo BBQ so.

F*ck those tofu eating fitness w*nkers.

Angle-sy Streesch. That's where people go after they're drunk? Warm up session required.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Mongolian BBQ was where I first encountered the notion of all you can eat in Ireland. I loved looking at the guys who sheepishly thought they were stealing food asking for more.

There's an all you can eat Chinese in phibsboro that looks well dodgy but is supposed to be deadly. It even has a pic of Bruce Lee on the door. Presumably Bruce approved of such gorging.

FYI for the best Chinese food in Dublin - M&L Szechuan Restaurant on Cathedral Street (down the lane where Burger King is on O'Connell Street). The English menu is awesome, but if you're after an unreal feed, ask for a recommendation from the Chinese menu (everything is great, except for the fish head soup).

The duck pancakes are essential btw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Dathai wrote: »
    FYI for the best Chinese food in Dublin - M&L Szechuan Restaurant on Cathedral Street (down the lane where Burger King is on O'Connell Street). The English menu is awesome, but if you're after an unreal feed, ask for a recommendation from the Chinese menu (everything is great, except for the fish head soup).

The duck pancakes are essential btw.

Noted!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Nando's left me underwhelmed twice, don't think I'll bother going back. The chicken was well overcooked both times, a cardinal sin when all you do is cook chicken every day. Their sauce is okay, but you have to ge the XXspicey sauce for it to be actually properly spicey.

You can buy the sauce in Lidl actually, then cook the chicken at home yourself.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

everyone got there bloat on for IPO's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Mines gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Too much bloat

• Advertisement

COH wrote: »
    Mines gone :(
    Da Za wrote: »
    Too much bloat

ah here...a bloat missing and someone complaining about too much bloat....

hang yer heads...

Advertisement