Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I believe in Kevpants" (S&SS Off Topic thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

The Counter is in a league of its own IMO.
    Fully customizable burgers? Yes please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Dathai wrote: »
    2/3lb burger in a bowl + sweet potato chips ftmfw.

Eh.. you realise you can get a full 1lb burger yes? If you don't know this you are a fool. If you do know this and dont get it for any reason then you are a fairy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Bit torn between Counter Burger and Nandos lately. 2/3lb burger in a bowl + sweet potato chips ftmfw.

Why is it an either/or option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Counter burger? I haven't heard of it! Where is it?
    Nando's is awesome, I have a €50 chicken cheque for Mary street! My mate is the manager, best birthday present since my toy knight rider car when I was 3!! chicken cheque's will be the future currency of the world! No point to this post at all! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

There's one on Suffolk St. in town and I think there's one in Dundrum as well...

• Advertisement

There's one on Suffolk St. in town and I think there's one in Dundrum as well...

The one in Dundrum is literally beside Nando's.

Suffolk Street's the other one.

Dunno if there's more.

Put away a whole chicken in Nando's in < 10 minutes on Monday. 14 hour day in work, 1,000kcals since 6am, it was 9pm and I'd a free chicken on the way. Anything else would have just been irrational.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Woah. I will be checking out this Counter Burger place. But not for another couple of days :\

How much was the whole chicken in Nando's, Hanley?

Woah. I will be checking out this Counter Burger place. But not for another couple of days :\

How much was the whole chicken in Nando's, Hanley?

It was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Oh, haha. How?! or how much would one cost normally. Maybe I could just google this. Yep, €17.35.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Wish Limerick had a Nando's or counter burger because it would get massacred on Friday, steak house will suffice.

Hanley, I'm sure the speed to which you ate the chicken was all down to your technical efficiency levels and levels of readiness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

COH wrote: »
    Eh.. you realise you can get a full 1lb burger yes? If you don't know this you are a fool. If you do know this and dont get it for any reason then you are a fairy.

I know it. I'm not waiting 35 minutes for a lump of meat completely burnt on the outside and fairly raw on the inside. I've gotten the 1lb twice before and was mank each time.

2/3lb gets to me in 20 minutes properly cooked!

BTW - Jumbo Meal Deal in Nandos = Immense.

I know it. I'm not waiting 35 minutes for a lump of meat completely burnt on the outside and fairly raw on the inside. I've gotten the 1lb twice before and was mank each time.

2/3lb gets to me in 20 minutes properly cooked!

BTW - Jumbo Meal Deal in Nandos = Immense.

This, to all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

COH wrote: »

That sounds deadly. How much would a 1lb burger set you back.

Ate at this place yesterday:

http://www.redrobin.com/

Had the big melt bacon burger, savage so it was. You can add extra pattys to any burger for $1.99. I only had 2 yesterday and feel a bit fairyish, i think it'll be 3 next time. Also, they will actually cook your burger to order like a steak. Medium-rare burger FTW.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

A mate of mine buys the stickers for the Nando's customer loyalty card on the internet... Dedication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Anyone watched this before??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

cc87 wrote: »

Anyone watched this before??

its a great film-the piece from 9min 28 on is a genuine inspiration. after seeing that there is no excuses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

good idea

listening to classic rock in work so i dont have to talk to people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The cheapest all you can eat Chinese I have heard of is 'Full House' on abbey street in dublin. I think it is 6.20 or 6.50, which is worryingly cheap! I was there once and though it was OK considering the price, don't think you get a big mac meal at that price. I think they survive since many people do not go as overboard as some here might...

It was so full they were being eaten out of it & lads were bring up new dishes all the time -so at least it was apparently freshly cooked. They also did weighed takeouts, decreasing with the more you get, like maybe €8 for 700g and €10 for 1000g, so you can fill up with just meat.

Another is Amerta in monkstown, its all you can eat but not a buffet, all food cooked to order and served to you. I think its €12 and I have heard good reviews. It might be embarrassing asking the waiter over for the 15th time though :pac:

"Leg Day" and "workout".......detest these terms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Da Za wrote: »
    "Leg Day" and "workout".......detest these terms

are the bodybuilders at you again princess...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Every day should be leg day :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Masochist!! My legs are screaming no at the thought of that!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

i will be in dublin this weekend, would i be able to get access to olympic bar in morton on saturday morning? would anyone know if the gym will be really busy or empty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Everyday IS leg day.
    roro1neil0 wrote: »
    i will be in dublin this weekend, would i be able to get access to olympic bar in morton on saturday morning? would anyone know if the gym will be really busy or empty?

Saturday morning is probably the busiest time of the week, maybe more so this weekend because it's probably closed on Sunday. You should be able to work in on a platform though. It gets quieter after 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

what's that front squat programme hanley and L were developing/talking about before? was thinking of giving it a go with something similar for OH pressing.

Parsley wrote: »
    what's that front squat programme hanley and L were developing/talking about before? was thinking of giving it a go with something similar for OH pressing.

Yup, I'll tell you exactly what it is because it's a great idea to take a training program that's effective for some of the biggest, strongest, most enduring and fastest recovering muscles and areas of your body and apply it to one of the most fragile and smallest one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

Woah, sarky hanley is sarky.

Hanley wrote: »
    Yup, I'll tell you exactly what it is because it's a great idea to take a training program that's effective for some of the biggest, strongest, most enduring and fastest recovering muscles and areas of your body and apply it to one of the most fragile and smallest one...

TSH??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Hanley wrote: »

Didn't you do an OHP smolov?

• Advertisement

Sangre wrote: »
    Didn't you do an OHP smolov?

Yup. And that was my choice. And I'm hyper aware of how my body recovers when lifting heavy and make adjustments on the fly as a result.

It's also MY choice to not tell him about a squat cycle I wrote which he is going to apply in a manner not designed for and run the risk of a backlash over that should something bad happen.

Advertisement