Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I believe in Kevpants" (S&SS Off Topic thread)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Fapbook is down for maintenance, what the feck am i supposed to do in work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Today I made a 60kg catapult. Took all the weight off one side of the bar while it was on the squat stands and the bar and plates went flying. Managed not to hit anyone luckily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

lucky you didn't kill someone you mean. Honestly, what kind of idiot does that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

lucky you didn't kill someone you mean. Honestly, what kind of idiot does that?

That don't fly here, carded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

you obviously endorse other types of stupidity though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

I miss him already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

lol wtf just happened....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Bah! I was ramping up to 165kg squat (85, 105, 125, 145, 165) and I couldn't walk out the 165. I was squatting 180 last week. I don't know what happen this week. I was dripping water, grip was all over the place, I couldn't get position correctly for low bar and felt like blood sugar dropped on last rep of 145.

Also I think I hate my gym. I need to see can I buy a day pass of Raw to check it out next week.

/rant off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Also I think I hate my gym. I need to see can I buy a day pass of Raw to check it out next week.

/rant off

You can avail of the COH is totally sound discount if you PM your detsils me and ask nicely for a free day pass :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Thud

you obviously endorse other types of stupidity though

He's closed his account??
    manages to rack up a serious amount of bans in his short time..

• Advertisement

COH wrote: »

/rant off

You can avail of the COH is totally sound discount if you PM your detsils me and ask nicely for a free day pass :)

Thanks mate

what details do you need?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Thanks mate

Just your name, and what day you are coming down.

And credit card details, your PPS number, bank acc. no. and sort code. Passport number too if you can, and your favourite 4 digit number :pac:

Thanks mate

And credit card details, your PPS number, bank acc. no. and sort code. Passport number too if you can, and your favourite 4 digit number :pac:

Thanks mate. I'll pop you a pm when I know what day

dude seriously...enough with the fraud :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

According to my good friends the 'Iran weightlifting national team' they have said on facebook that Salami is out of the Olympics with a knee injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

So Team GB has announced fiver lifters for the Olympics: http://www.teamgb.com/news/five-weightlifters-selected-team-gb

I'm so happy to see Tash selected, I lifted with her at the Eleiko's and a more lovely (and madder!!) woman you couldn't meet. Very interested to see how Zoe Smith fares too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

That **** CRAY

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Attacking people verybelly is just the lowest.

Dathai wrote: »

I had to laugh at the state of the people slagging off the bodybuilders looks but I guess they were scripted to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Germans having a problem with someone because they dont conform to their idea of a physical ideal?.......Hmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Germans having a problem with someone because they dont conform to their idea of a physical ideal?.......Hmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Usually the preserve of Austrians alright...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

In such a shameless blatant case of bullying he shouldve just powerbombed the haters
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhn7yh_bullied-kid-fights-back-full-street-fighter-remix_news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Our warm-up is your workout?

Full 1hr 45m video here

"Polish Weightlifting Methods & Techniques"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVdLmJ_bYCQ

The first half an hour is general training. Looks like the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Copy pasta.....
    Frank McGivney
    Report on the GPC Ireland Teen Junior and Masters Irish National 2012 Date 16 June 2012

Sad are the homes 'round Garryowen, Since they lost their giant pride, And the banshee wail rings every vale, Around the Shannon side. Well on the 16 June 2012 the banshees wail was well and truly silenced when one of limericks sons destroyed all previous squat records by squatting 400kg at 72.9kg bodyweight and at 48 years of age. Ger McNamara, who has won more world titles and who holds more world and Irish records than any one else, destroyed the world squat record at the Irish GPC Teen, Juniors and Masters Irish nationals last Saturday with a 400kg squat. The absolute power out of the bottom of the squat was unbelievable to watch. He then went on and destroyed the world total record with a 815kg total. He also coached and mentored the Patrickswell Powerlifting team at the same competition. Part of that team was Jen o Neil who also annihilated world sub master and Irish open records. She did the biggest squat by an Irish woman with a 257.5kg effort then benched the heaviest bench ever done by a Irish woman in a full power meet, then she did the same with her deadlift and total to become the greatest total power female lifter of all time in Ireland.
    The sun was shining down on the market in limerick as close by the best Teen, Junior and Master lifters in Ireland competed in the Irish Nationals. We had a high quality turnout with a lot of records of high quality been set. There were a lot of new teen and junior lifters who are the future of the sport. Young Cian Keogh from the patrickswell club won the best teen equipped lifter and his performance was outstanding for a first time competitor. From the Brutal Gym in Dublin we had three teens all of whom lifted brilliantly especially young Steven McDonnell who in his first competition set world records in all three principles. To say his squats were deep would be an understatement.
    One of the most impressive lifts of the day were the deadlifts of Sean Donelon whose Sumo technique must be second to none. He pulled 260kg to his knees and full lock out with ease. He has this lift down to a fine art with the range of movement the shortest I ever saw refereeing.
    It was great to see all the master lifter showing the younger lifters how its done. We in the Irish GPC were delighted to see Sammy Graham from Northern Ireland lifting again after a serious illness last year, Sammy has lifted for Ireland for decades and has won numerous world and European titles. He holds an open competition each year up the north which is the best run competition I have ever been to. Last year it attracted the strongest lifter in the world Andy Bolton. His training partner Kyle Vauls was down helping Sammy. Kyle is one of the best bench pressers (and full power) lifters in the world and this year came second in the highly prestigious Bullfarm competition in Finland where some of the best benchers in the world competed.
    Bill Healy the old man himself was to me anyway the person who best demonstrates what powerlifting is all about. I trained with Bill back in the 80’s and he was strong back then but now at 62 years of age he is lifting weights most people only dream about. Bill set world and Irish records with every one of his lifts and at the end of each one had the biggest smile of anyone who lifted. He is a true credit to Ireland and has the real spirit of an Irish Warrior.
    Benny Darmody is only lifting a few years but this day he came into his own. He had moved up to 90kg and he did some huge lifting with a 645kg raw total. His squat of 252.5 is the eight biggest in the records for raw total power and any bigger ones were in general done by men a lot younger and a lot heaver than Benny and his squat was as low a squat as anyone has ever done. And so everyone did really well and the standard was top class. The patrickswell powerlifting club is looking better than ever with a huge brand new extension. The warm up area was excellent and as usual the atmosphere was electric. For anyone who is really into lifting in a hardcore environment there is no better place to lift. The GPC board would like to thank Lee Marshall and his wife Marie who came over for the weekend to the competition. Lee is the technical Officer of the International GPC board and he spent the whole competition as centre ref. We all learned from him while he was here and he was a great addition to the profile of the Irish GPC Nationals. Also a big thanks to all the Patrickswell team who worked so hard during the competition. Jamie and Darragh McNamara Bob Kiely and Ger Ba spent the whole day loading and did a brilliant job. They are all big strong lifters and it helps the competitors knowing they are behind them. Next week is the Open Irish Nationals, we are looking forward to it and wish everyone the best of luck

Is Mise le Meas
    Frank McGivney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Stuff from Belarus:

http://www.allthingsgym.com/2012/06/2012-belarus-weightlifting-nationals/

Aramnau weighing 110, sn 197, Clean and jerked 220, missed 230, said something about wanting to total 440 in London so he has some work to do!

Rybakou: 185/205 at 87, 4kg off his total in Beijing.

Preliminary Russkie team:

http://www.allthingsgym.com/2012/06/preliminary-russian-weightlifting-team/
    75kg Wimmins snatch and total record holder Zabolotnaya is only on the "potential list". Chigishev is a "potential" too but the zoo might not release him

Seriously massive numbers coming out of big Z over in England at the ESM. Nudder two world records under his belt

squod wrote: »
    Seriously massive numbers coming out of big Z over in England at the ESM. Nudder two world records under his belt

did i hear james f is out? 360 pull though?

433kg and new world record DL. He also set a WR in log lift with 216kg. These are just bizarre numbers. Can't wait for more vids to surface.

did i hear james f is out? 360 pull though?

Missed the overhead medley and completed the last event loading race. Fennelly pulled 360 and failed at 400.

https://www.facebook.com/animalbarbell.gym

Get your tickets folks. This might be the year the strongest man who ever lived is at his strongest!!!

harlem-726x1024.jpg

• Advertisement

1st - Z
    2nd - Lalas
    3rd - Loz
    4th - Radz
    5th - Thor
    6th - Katona
    7th - Fennelly
    8th - Ed

Gracias sugden barbell