Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I believe in Kevpants" (S&SS Off Topic thread)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Strongman competition on the east pier Kilmore Quay today, anyone have any details, taking a trip down for the seafood festival anyway

Heard about it alright. If you have any results or took any photos or videos please share.

Won by Eoin Shanahan AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

DylanJM wrote: »
    Clarence will probably upload his own videos soon enough.

and here we go

In other updates L clarked his last warmup snatches twice and threw in the towel. He was very emo until I gave him a bottle of beer which cheered him up. Watching weightlifting is way more fun with a few beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Ninja's camerman clearly had caffeine induced parkisons.

So dreamy though.

• Advertisement

More crossfit games stuff

http://games.crossfit.com/article/major-announcement-individuals

Triathlon type event was predictable for this year I think. I wonder can Khalipa ride a bike. I reckon a 700m swim will f*ck a few of them over anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

token wrote: »
    More crossfit games stuff

http://games.crossfit.com/article/major-announcement-individuals

Triathlon type event was predictable for this year I think. I wonder can Khalipa ride a bike. I reckon a 700m swim will f*ck a few of them over anyway.

I actually really, really like the set up for the Wednesday. Think it's a very good all around test.

And despite what people are saying about the GHD sit up toss, I thnk that's a pretty good test of upper body power and core strength too.

100 foot Medicine ball carry

That's one big ass medicine ball (:eek:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

I like the wednesday events quite a lot also. Good they have added these in, I actually really like the broad jump but a long jump would be even better. Obstacle course should be great, just a shame they can't stream that day :(

I've spent most of the last 2 hours on beastmodaldomain and drywall. I'm in tears here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Hanley wrote: »
    I've spent most of the last 2 hours on beastmodaldomain and drywall. I'm in tears here.

It's okay dear.

*pats back*

Don't mind those mean men, of course it's a sport. Run along now and we'll get you some world records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hmmm, I wonder what happen to the Rock

1115-the-rock-splash-1-credit.jpg

Mellor wrote: »
    Hmmm, I wonder what happen to the Rock

1115-the-rock-splash-1-credit.jpg

He's wearing straps and his traps appear to have grown. I don't think it's an illogical leap to say the straps are the key.

....that plus the fact he's no longer smashing his body to **** multiple times per week on the wrestling scene probably helps too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Thud

is he still filming that bodybuilding film with Wahlberg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

he claimed recently on bookface that he wants to hold the wwe championship again soon. currently filming gi-joe and fast 6

He's wearing straps and his traps appear to have grown. I don't think it's an illogical leap to say the straps are the key.

....that plus the fact he's no longer smashing his body to **** multiple times per week on the wrestling scene probably helps too!
    Yeah, I'm sure massive amounts work went into everything. He has put on a decent amount of mass everywhere. But he's playing a bodybuilder in upcoming flick. It's also not illogical to suggest he's taking steroids again. I'm not just saying big traps = roids. He massive everywhere.
    I'm not suggesting it was magic pills either. Obviously they just allow him to work harder, for longer, more often, etc. I don't see anything wrong with it given he's an actor, and isn't short of funds to get the right advice.

534854_358543117547136_637618262_n.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure massive amounts work went into everything. He has put on a decent amount of mass everywhere. But he's playing a bodybuilder in upcoming flick. It's also not illogical to suggest he's taking steroids again. I'm not just saying big traps = roids. He massive everywhere.
    I'm not suggesting it was magic pills either. Obviously they just allow him to work harder, for longer, more often, etc. I don't see anything wrong with it given he's an actor, and isn't short of funds to get the right advice.

534854_358543117547136_637618262_n.jpg

100% defintely back on 'roids. Sure his forearms haven't grown at all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

meh if he is he is...sure he aint competing in any tested sports.

on another wwe ped wtf'ed suitation batista is making his mma debut soon..

Watched this again last week. Seems to be 101 different uploaders putting up the same vid. Wouldn't surprise me if they photo shop (or animate) a fair bit of that filum

e's back training in that Miami university place, I think that's where he said he tried the droids once. Found it was a stupid mistake that made him big, rich and famous regret taking them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

squod wrote: »
    Heard about it alright. If you have any results or took any photos or videos please share.

Apologies for the delay.

aa8a2f13e881208e5492183f27d46297.png

2e23775fe74130358c1269d524c4eebb.png

77ac925f3648857d114157f0efb789cc.png

f5a6e981ab3d0671646c996ddc02614d.png

f1951bd51f0a8b162da1f26686e86d75.png

2187b6f0666a7179f3eb05a56d97a3ee.png

9694754920e8be77eea5cd3d01579f62.png

468420ce8ca32e48f57fa3769b05ee53.png

f730d3d920752a010debfa289ed6f6e0.png

c40dbd81435ba8c17b83846d675f4619.png

Thanks. Shame it was so soon after the nationals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Free "sci-max benchpress challenge" t shirt, posted in bargain alerts

not a great logo on it, but some might want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Not a fan of Crossfit myself but for those of you who are I seen this advertised on Eurosport last night. I presume they will eventually show the crossfit games from last week.

http://thebox.eurosport.com/uk/thebox?id=13

Programme on bbc3 now about gb women weightlifters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

tumblr_m5a5shXdX31qhocevo1_500.png

Tom Hardy’s tan from wearing the “Bane” mask during the shooting of The Dark Knight Rises last summer. He's looking fairly built there, even in comparison to pics of him from when he was filming Warrior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Thud wrote: »
    Programme on bbc3 now about gb women weightlifters

Thought that was a good show, think its on the bbc player if you can figure out how to watch it from here.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Thought that was a good show, think its on the bbc player if you can figure out how to watch it from here.

Zoe Smith looked the least dedicated of the three girls in the show, didn't realise she was only 18 until the end of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Thud wrote: »
    Zoe Smith looked the least dedicated of the three girls in the show, didn't realise she was only 18 until the end of it

Think Hannah Powell was only 18 too, 80 kg clean and jerk for a 44kg athlete!

• Advertisement

he was tiny. Unlucky at the worlds to have the lift for the A standard disqualified

Advertisement