Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ensuite Extractor Fan - help please

• 22-11-2011 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a semi-detacted house. The ensuite is in the center of the house with no external wall. There is an extractor fan opening into the attic area. There are four vents in the roof tiles for getting air into the attic. I didn't want stuff stored in the attic getting damp so I added a flexible pipe from the extractor fan to one of the air vents in the roof. This was fine while the weather isn't very cold. When the weather gets cold I find the steam from the shower condenses and drips back down the pipe. It is very annoying having cold drops falling on you while drying yourself. It's also leading to damp patches on the celling around the extractor fan.

After this I move the pipe exit end to under the eves. What I find now is that the pipe fills up with water and I still have drips on cold mornings. Is there any solution to getting the steam out without causing dampness?

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement