Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doors bowing

• 22-11-2011 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Installed 2 doors on hendorsen sliding rail track put in glass in the doors Saturday all seemed fine they were workin grand when I went to put them back in recess yesterday they were catching frame there after bowing in the middle is this because of glass or the heat or what very frustrating, there 2 knotty pine doors

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭toshy321

toshy321 wrote: »
    Installed 2 doors on hendorsen sliding rail track put in glass in the doors Saturday all seemed fine they were workin grand when I went to put them back in recess yesterday they were catching frame there after bowing in the middle is this because of glass or the heat or what very frustrating, there 2 knotty pine doors
    My only explanation to why the doors bowed is because of the heat one side of the doors which is the old kitchen the other side has no heat which is the new extension side when I say there's a bow I'm talkin around 5mm whats the best way to get the doors straight again drop them and put a decent weight on them or any suggestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Are the end grains sealed on the bottom and top of the door? Doesn't take long for kiln dried timber to soak up ambient moisture and bend, especially pine; that and the heat difference is probably your culprit...
    A carpenter may have another view but paint-wise moisture's usually the cause of warping.

Advertisement