Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAPS Academy - who's interested?

Options
  • 22-11-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

The TAPS Academy will be coming to Ireland next summer and Im trying to work out how much interest there may be in it. Depending on the interest, there may be between one and three lectures and investigations.

Here's what they offer:
    What will you learn?

The TAPS Academy lecture has been devised not only to teach basic investigative techniques and fundamentals, but also to present a comprehensive and unbiased look at paranormal theories, approaches, and research being conducted in the paranormal and related fields that goes well beyond what you see on paranormal TV. In order to compile the information for these lectures we are reaching out to a wide variety of people in the paranormal community and beyond. We firmly believe that if everyone investigated in the exact same way, we would never be able to learn from each other and as a result the field would not advance.
    With that being said here is a brief list of what you can expect to learn at TAPS Academy:
    • A Brief History of Paranormal Research
    • Paranormal basics, terminology, types of hauntings, etc…
    • Theories throughout the field: Why and how are paranormal phenomenon possible?
    • Current Research being conducted in the field.
    • The equipment used in paranormal research, the science behind it, and the theory behind its use in the paranormal.
    • The different approaches to investigating, and types of teams out there.
    • General guidance in qualities to look for in a team (ie. professionalism/honesty/integrity)
    • What we look for in a TAPS Family team.
    • How to conduct a client-based investigation
      • Client Interaction
      • Research
      • Investigation Tips and Techniques
      • Basic Equipment Tutorial
      • Evidence Analysis
      • Handling Hostile/Negative Cases
    • We will also have a series of in depths topics (such as quantum theory and how it applies to the paranormal) that we will try to rotate to give everyone new and interesting things to think about.
    • Finally an open Question and Answer session. Ask us anything!
    We intend to expand and improve the curriculum being taught as the TAPS Academy events continue. If you attend one of our events and have feedback on things we can improve please let us know!!

As you can see, its a pretty decent overview of what the filed of paranormal research is about - far beyond the 'oh look its a scary looking house' brigade.

There will be a lecture and then an investigation, run by the TAPS people. Costs will be anywhere around the 60 euro mark for the talk on its own, and the 100 euro mark for the talk and the investigation (the talk itself is anywhere up to 6 hours long).

I have some questions if you could give a few mins to answer them:

• Whats your view on this kind of idea?
    • Is it a waste of time?
    • Is it something that is needed?
    • Are the prices too cheap?
    • Too expensive?
    • Would be prepared to travel in order to have a good investigation?
    • Is the talk more important (and therefore run it in a city)?
    If this interests you, please give us some feedback as we'd like to get this running in Ireland next year.

more info at http://www.tapsacademy.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

maccored wrote: »
    The TAPS Academy will be coming to Ireland next summer and Im trying to work out how much interest there may be in it. Depending on the interest, there may be between one and three lectures and investigations.

Here's what they offer:
    What will you learn?

The TAPS Academy lecture has been devised not only to teach basic investigative techniques and fundamentals, but also to present a comprehensive and unbiased look at paranormal theories, approaches, and research being conducted in the paranormal and related fields that goes well beyond what you see on paranormal TV. In order to compile the information for these lectures we are reaching out to a wide variety of people in the paranormal community and beyond. We firmly believe that if everyone investigated in the exact same way, we would never be able to learn from each other and as a result the field would not advance.
    With that being said here is a brief list of what you can expect to learn at TAPS Academy:
    • A Brief History of Paranormal Research
    • Paranormal basics, terminology, types of hauntings, etc…
    • Theories throughout the field: Why and how are paranormal phenomenon possible?
    • Current Research being conducted in the field.
    • The equipment used in paranormal research, the science behind it, and the theory behind its use in the paranormal.
    • The different approaches to investigating, and types of teams out there.
    • General guidance in qualities to look for in a team (ie. professionalism/honesty/integrity)
    • What we look for in a TAPS Family team.
    • How to conduct a client-based investigation
      • Client Interaction
      • Research
      • Investigation Tips and Techniques
      • Basic Equipment Tutorial
      • Evidence Analysis
      • Handling Hostile/Negative Cases
    • We will also have a series of in depths topics (such as quantum theory and how it applies to the paranormal) that we will try to rotate to give everyone new and interesting things to think about.
    • Finally an open Question and Answer session. Ask us anything!
    We intend to expand and improve the curriculum being taught as the TAPS Academy events continue. If you attend one of our events and have feedback on things we can improve please let us know!!

As you can see, its a pretty decent overview of what the filed of paranormal research is about - far beyond the 'oh look its a scary looking house' brigade.

There will be a lecture and then an investigation, run by the TAPS people. Costs will be anywhere around the 60 euro mark for the talk on its own, and the 100 euro mark for the talk and the investigation (the talk itself is anywhere up to 6 hours long).

I have some questions if you could give a few mins to answer them:

• Whats your view on this kind of idea?
    • Is it a waste of time?
    • Is it something that is needed?
    • Are the prices too cheap?
    • Too expensive?
    • Would be prepared to travel in order to have a good investigation?
    • Is the talk more important (and therefore run it in a city)?
    If this interests you, please give us some feedback as we'd like to get this running in Ireland next year.

more info at http://www.tapsacademy.com/

Would be worth the money If the investigation was in a good place. It does sound good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Investigations will be somewhere decent - havent actually decided. If anyone has any suggestions please post them up ....

this will be in Ireland on 13th and 14th July 2012 - there'll be two lectures and two investigations. I don't know where we'll have these yet but each will be limited to 40 people for the talk and 20 for the investigation. PM if you have any interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Let me know if you would like me to help spread the word if you need it?

will do ruth - at the minute though its in early planning stages. Shouldnt be too much of a hassle organising the Irish end of it - but theres also Wales, England and Germany as well so we're trying to organise the four of them together. Plus theres a very limited scope of time to do it in as the main TAPS Family get together in the Spaulding Inn is only a few weeks earlier, and Kris and Chris (the lecturers) arent about much after July.

If it comes together it'll be good though. I want to hear the theories on multi dimensions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Brilliant, well the very best of luck with it, and let me know once your ready with details and I'll see if I can drum up some interest. I know a couple of my team members would probably go

Advertisement