Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC Fallout

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Lads, it was only a suggestion of the games list, not a demand or conclusion. I apologise if I gave the impression I wanted to boot MK outright.
    The only reason I didn't suggest it was an assumption on my part that TYH was going to be monthly, and I aplogise for this. Having assumed that, I thought that having 3 tournaments every 2 months would lead to those from further afield not being as willing to travel and play, due to an increase in time and monetary demands. Over-stimulus of a scene is almost as bad no stimulus.

So far, Dreddy and Kuro have expressed interest in running a DoC. If they want to work between themselves (or if one of them particularly wants to run it all), I'd be happy to help in any way I can to get consoles and monitors together with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Yeah, i think if we could organise this so that the DoC with MK in it wasn't on the same month as Kuro's Thiing it would work, but will the MK players be able to sustain a tournament every month? UMvC is only getting a monthly showing because there is such demand for it at the moment and that could change. It will work if the demand is there, running MK is slightly more hassle than the other games because of the PS3 requirements, so we can't have the extra effort wasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

If you like I can rename the vids, I didn't realise it was a thing. I will definitely be demanding an extra custard cream to do so though.

Ah naw, don't worry about the one's that are already uploaded. I get called Lee by the commentators anyway. But next time! (Besides, I have no spare custard creams on hand)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Very disappointed if the 8 month old game gets dropped for the 12 year old game.

I plan on making it to as many Irish MK Tourneys as possible.
    I am not willing to travel to any DoC without it.

Don't let the new guys down especially since there is more to come.

I understood it was Inferno for SF heads and DoC for the other games mainly.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

You all need to kool your beans down. MK wont be left out.

DoC every month with alternating games sounds beast. I'l be at each one with SF and UMvC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Doyler01 wrote: »
    kool your beans down.

oh no he didnt lol :pac::pac:

Every thing is cool.

All the best,
    Razer

We can't do the 14th as I had hoped; someone sniped the spot before us. We can get either the 28th or the 7th. I'm assuming the 7th is far too early for most people, which is why there'd be no inferno booking on it, and I guess that leaves us with the 28th.

So the games run on the day should be KoF13, BB, MK9 and possibly UMvC3, as there'd be a 2 month gap with no tournament, and hey, we could use the numbers (and a farewell MvC for DoC :p). If interest is shown, we might replace MvC with Soul Caliber when it's released, or we might run a sharp, 3 game tournament, with some bonus stuff (like "fun" single elim UMvC 5v5s, or 2v2s in MK, or whatever takes little time.)

If there's no massive objections, the next DoC will be the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

i dont really mind on the date,if its the 7th ill go,28th ill go

yea maybe sticking sc5 in might be intresting alright,i know i plan to pick it up on release so be could to have something try kick off people playing it

id say umvc 5v5 might get more intrest for how hot the game at the min but of course id love to see some mk tag thrown into the mix,i prefer tag anyways,its more fun

Voa wrote: »
    We can't do the 14th as I had hoped; someone sniped the spot before us. We can get either the 28th or the 7th. I'm assuming the 7th is far too early for most people, which is why there'd be no inferno booking on it, and I guess that leaves us with the 28th.

So the games run on the day should be KoF13, BB, MK9 and possibly UMvC3, as there'd be a 2 month gap with no tournament, and hey, we could use the numbers (and a farewell MvC for DoC :p). If interest is shown, we might replace MvC with Soul Caliber when it's released, or we might run a sharp, 3 game tournament, with some bonus stuff (like "fun" single elim UMvC 5v5s, or 2v2s in MK, or whatever takes little time.)

If there's no massive objections, the next DoC will be the 28th.

28th December? Or January?
    It will be hard for me to make that one with pressies and **** to buy but ill try my hardest.

SC5 will be another main game for me. Love the series. Cervantes is cool again!!!!!! >_<

All the best,
    Razer

• Advertisement

January. 28th of December? Most of us should still be in food comas by then.

Good **** man ill be there. ;)

All the best,
    Razer

Advertisement