Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intermediatery for China Required

Options
  • 22-11-2011 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Good morning everybody

We are a new venture recently set of 3 guys out of work looking to start something new. We are looking at bringing in electronic products from China & hope to sell on in domestic market here.

We need advice as to how you go about sourcing an intermediatery in Ireland or China to act in an agency capacity. This would include sourcing & verifying suppliers in China, checking manufacturing facility to ensure quality management standards are adhered to. Checking business to ensure they are legitimate & put in place a secure method of payment.

Any advise on the abouve would be much appreciated, or indeed if anyone knows of individuals/businesses that offer agency facilities please supply names.

As this stage we are a new venture & therefore have limited budget & are on a learning curve so the more information we can gather will only be to our benefit.

Many Thanks for your assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭EamonOSullivan

A pal of mine Brendan Waldron runs a company called New Tigers Consultancy you can see them at http://www.newtigers.com/ or send me a PM if you have specific questions. They do exactly what you are looking for, a company that can act as honest broker in your dealings with Chinese suppliers, and who can research the Chinese market for you.

Good luck with the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kingscompany

Thanks Eamon, I'll give send him an e-mail, I live in Shankill so I see were not to far away from each other.

Rgs

Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭EamonOSullivan

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭SeanSouth

I buy a lot of product from China every year.

If its electronics, you're interested in, Id give China a miss.Its definitely not the place for electronics.

Id concentrate on Hong Kong, Taiwan and Japan for best results

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Good morning everybody

We are a new venture recently set of 3 guys out of work looking to start something new. We are looking at bringing in electronic products from China & hope to sell on in domestic market here.

We need advice as to how you go about sourcing an intermediatery in Ireland or China to act in an agency capacity. This would include sourcing & verifying suppliers in China, checking manufacturing facility to ensure quality management standards are adhered to. Checking business to ensure they are legitimate & put in place a secure method of payment.

Any advise on the abouve would be much appreciated, or indeed if anyone knows of individuals/businesses that offer agency facilities please supply names.

As this stage we are a new venture & therefore have limited budget & are on a learning curve so the more information we can gather will only be to our benefit.

Many Thanks for your assistance.

Hello Kingscompany,

I will PM you the details of a number of sourcing companies that I know and have dealt with.

I would strongly recommend when you get to the shipping stage not to leave the shipping process to the supplier. Either ask the sourcing company to look after this aspect for you or take charge yourself. In that case agree FOB port of shipment terms with the supplier.

You may find the attached document of assistance. If you require any further information PM me

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Advertisement
Advertisement