Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-mobile - Friends & Family disaster!

Options
  • 22-11-2011 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Wednesday the 9th of November I ordered the iPhone 4s under the family and friends offer, I sent in passport scans and bill scans and received an email from eMobile stating my order confirmation and that I will receive my handset in 7-10 working days.

In the mean time I cancelled my account with Three, had to pay e180 to be free’d from them and sold my 4 month old iPhone 4 to a friend. All was going well.

Yesterday, 21st of November I receive an email from eMobile stating that all Bill Pay applications are subject to approval and my application has not been successful and my order will not be shipped. I was on the phone to customer service from 9-12.30am on and off and then again last night. I spoke to at least 11 different people who ALL told me something different and contradicted each other, I was sent to at least 4 different departments and not 1 person could answer me as to why this has happened or help me.

One sales rep. told me it was due to an outstanding bill from August 2010 from way back when I was with Meteor. I have NO recollection of this what so ever, I was told they sent email and texts to me to pay this bill, I have not received ANYTHING about a bill. I work hard and pay off every single thing I owe, I would never leave a bill unpaid if I knew about it and feel quite appauled with this accusation. This sales rep. then sent me to Credit Control to get more information on this. The person I spoke to in Credit Control told me he has no idea why the sales rep. would say such a thing, my account balance is 0 and I owe nothing, and that he can see no reason as to why the application would get disapproved. He sent me back to the Sales Department who continued to be un-useful, unhelpful and unwilling to connect me to a manager or supervisor.

This “non payment of a bill” cannot be the case either as Meteor actually rang me about 2 months ago offering me a good deal and asking me to return to them as I was a valued customer for years.

Please can you help me out, I am extremely frustrated at this situation and need answers.

Kind Regards,
    Shane

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

Shaneo87ie wrote: »
    Wednesday the 9th of November I ordered the iPhone 4s under the family and friends offer, I sent in passport scans and bill scans and received an email from eMobile stating my order confirmation and that I will receive my handset in 7-10 working days.

In the mean time I cancelled my account with Three, had to pay e180 to be free’d from them and sold my 4 month old iPhone 4 to a friend. All was going well.

Yesterday, 21st of November I receive an email from eMobile stating that all Bill Pay applications are subject to approval and my application has not been successful and my order will not be shipped. I was on the phone to customer service from 9-12.30am on and off and then again last night. I spoke to at least 11 different people who ALL told me something different and contradicted each other, I was sent to at least 4 different departments and not 1 person could answer me as to why this has happened or help me.

One sales rep. told me it was due to an outstanding bill from August 2010 from way back when I was with Meteor. I have NO recollection of this what so ever, I was told they sent email and texts to me to pay this bill, I have not received ANYTHING about a bill. I work hard and pay off every single thing I owe, I would never leave a bill unpaid if I knew about it and feel quite appauled with this accusation. This sales rep. then sent me to Credit Control to get more information on this. The person I spoke to in Credit Control told me he has no idea why the sales rep. would say such a thing, my account balance is 0 and I owe nothing, and that he can see no reason as to why the application would get disapproved. He sent me back to the Sales Department who continued to be un-useful, unhelpful and unwilling to connect me to a manager or supervisor.

This “non payment of a bill” cannot be the case either as Meteor actually rang me about 2 months ago offering me a good deal and asking me to return to them as I was a valued customer for years.

Please can you help me out, I am extremely frustrated at this situation and need answers.

Kind Regards,
    Shane

Hi Shane,

Can you Pm me your details and I'll check this out with the guys running the family and friends offer.

Thanks,

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Shaneo87ie

Whats the hold up with a response Steve? Still haven't heard a thing from ANY sources in emobile, not even the Superviser that I was promised at 12pm on Monday would ring me back within 24 hours! It's been 48 hours now.

You guys have broken a contract. In the eyes of the law, as soon as the money was taken out of my credit card 2 weeks ago, that was a contract being formed. You put me through to someone higher who's going to correct this, give me my phone and give me the friends and family deal that I ordered, or I'm gonna take this higher. And I've got no problem doing that.

Whats the hold up with a response Steve? Still haven't heard a thing from ANY sources in emobile, not even the Superviser that I was promised at 12pm on Monday would ring me back within 24 hours! It's been 48 hours now.

You guys have broken a contract. In the eyes of the law, as soon as the money was taken out of my credit card 2 weeks ago, that was a contract being formed. You put me through to someone higher who's going to correct this, give me my phone and give me the friends and family deal that I ordered, or I'm gonna take this higher. And I've got no problem doing that.

Hi Shane,

As far as I can see we are currently waiting on stock to come in for this phone before it can be dispatched but I'm just confirming this with our sales team.

Did you contact our Customer Care line and they advised they would arrange a call back?

Thanks,

Steve

Yes on Monday they said they would ring me back within 24 hours, there has been no calls.

I was on the phone again today to 4 different people and once again, nobody would answer the question or take ownership of the situation. All I want is for it to be accepted that obviously a mistake has been made and to clear it by getting me the phone and deal that I signed up for. This doesnt seem like a big ask to me. Nobody has told me that they are waiting on stock to come in for it to be dispatched. This is the first I've heard of that.

Steve please give me a fully confirmed definate answer to this problem, "as far as I can see" is not giving me much confidence that my problem is being dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭floorpie

Yes on Monday they said they would ring me back within 24 hours, there has been no calls.

Just a little tip man, when they say they'll call you back, they never do. I've heard "we'll call you back" 20+ times at this stage. I've never had such a hassle trying to sign up and pay for something. Actually to be accurate, paying for it was easy, that happened instantly, i just don't have the phones after nearly a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Word of advice Shaneo, If your unhappy now before you even start the contract think about how you'll be in
    12/18/24 months time. You think its a disaster now, just wait!

My advice for both yourself and floorpie, RUN, RUN very fast in the opposite direction. You should be
    trying to secure your deposit back not begging them to take your money. Best thing that could have EVER
    happened to you, you don't know how lucky you are being refused.

Still absolutely nothing!! Steve?? Any answers??

I spoke to a supervisor who also checked my details and told me I'm not in bad credit and have a 0 balance so I should not have been refused. On his advice, I've sent a written letter to:
    1 Heuston South Quarter
    St John's Road
    Dublin 8

And no answer to that either yet!

I'll say it again, the money was taken out of the credit card on the 9th of November. This is seen as a contract being formed in the eyes of the law. I need this sorted asap and crediting my money back is not what I want. I want the phone and I want the deal I ordered.

Hmmmmmm..... Steve??

Have you called comreg for advice man?

I ordered the same phone under the same plan a few weeks before you, and mine arrived yesterday after *a lot* of hassle.

No I haven't rang comreg. Would they be much help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

One sales rep. told me it was due to an outstanding bill from August 2010 from way back when I was with Meteor. I have NO recollection of this what

I'm curious as to why emobile would have access to Meteor customer information. I know they are owned by the same company but should they be sharing data?

I don't know if they're literally a help, in the sense that i don't think they can force an immediate resolution, but they sort of explained to me what parts of my story were against regulations and some other stuff - which kind of de-stressed me, because up to that point i felt like i was banging my head against a brick wall.

Eh and they also explained how to complain to emobile officially, if you want to, and...i don't want to say that following their complaint suggestion was why my iphone came, because i know there were at least a few very nice people working behind the scenes in emobile trying to fix it for us (e.g. Steve), but literally nothing happened until we did complain. Like, less than nothing. For example, one of our orders was cancelled without them telling us, and we only had a set amount of time to get a refund...the whole thing was very strange.

Just give em a call and explain your situation and see what they say. I can't remember the contact number i used but it was on their website.

Thanks guys for all the advice. I'll get on to comreg in the morning. Just found their number on the website!

Some more updates about me calling them. I rang emobile on Thursday 3 times... 1st time the guy said "I'm just going to put you on hole..." - he hung up on me!

The 2nd guy told me that customer support wasn't the department to deal with, put me through to sales who told me they weren't the department to deal with and put me back to customer support.

The 3rd guy, had me on the phone for ages, I wasn't giving up with him. He kept telling me as soon as my money is back in my account, to ring up telesales and they will put my order through no bother, that they never reject a new contract ever. I mentioned how that was no use to me because the friends and family offer, the only reason I was moving to emobile, was ended on the 10th of November. He went off the phone and came back to say "it has now been extended until January". So I took his advice. My friend works for eircom and it I have found out after that it has NOT been extended until Jan and he clearly just told me that to get me off the phone. There was a slight extension yesterday, for the first 150 people who had friends and family voucher numbers but hadn't used them. No good to me.

Still absolutely nothing!! Steve?? Any answers??

I spoke to a supervisor who also checked my details and told me I'm not in bad credit and have a 0 balance so I should not have been refused. On his advice, I've sent a written letter to:
    1 Heuston South Quarter
    St John's Road
    Dublin 8

And no answer to that either yet!

I'll say it again, the money was taken out of the credit card on the 9th of November. This is seen as a contract being formed in the eyes of the law. I need this sorted asap and crediting my money back is not what I want. I want the phone and I want the deal I ordered.

Hi Shaneo87ie
    My apologies for not getting back to you here on the forum. Steve has been away for a few weeks but we should have been able to follow up on this for you.
    I have been advised that there is still a delay in processing all the orders for the F& F offer but have taken the details you have PM'd to Steve and hope to be able to give you more of an update on this.
    Again my apologies for the delay and obvious frustration caused you. I hope to have word for you tomorrow.
    Tony

Advertisement