Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundrum First Bike for 3 Year Old Boy

Options
  • 22-11-2011 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

Is there a bike shop in Dundrum town centre that sell bikes for 3 year old boy? Looking to get one saturday as xmas presant

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Is there a bike shop in Dundrum town centre that sell bikes for 3 year old boy? Looking to get one saturday as xmas presant

Argos do bikes for that age. You can check stock etc and reserve online.

There is also a sports shop outside (is it Elverys?) That sells bikes, not sure if they do that size though.

Alternatively, Halfords or Smyths in Carrickmines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Joe Dalys bikes just down the road is the place to go. You will get good advice, they have been selling bikes for years. Stephen Roche was a customer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

thegen wrote: »
    Joe Dalys bikes just down the road is the place to go. You will get good advice, they have been selling bikes for years. Stephen Roche was a customer!!!

I'd agree with Joe Daly, the service afterwards if needed is second to none

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

You might like to consider a 'balance bike' - see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57422939 for more details.

It avoids a lot of the drama that does with pedals and stabilisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

I'd second the balance bike idea - we got one for our 2 year old on his birthday and he's flying around on it from the first time he got on it.. the only issue we have is keeping up with him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Just go to Joe Daly and you'll be sorted. Generations of Dundrummers have done so and you never hear a bad word about them. AVOID the likes of argos - do you think a 8.65/hour checkout person will give you advice about a bike?

maxer68 wrote: »
    Just go to Joe Daly and you'll be sorted. Generations of Dundrummers have done so and you never hear a bad word about them. AVOID the likes of argos - do you think a 8.65/hour checkout person will give you advice about a bike?

How much advice do you need when buying a bike for a 3 year old?

My daughter had a tricycle that she just could not use, to the point where I was worried she was backwards or something.

Anyway, I had to go to Halfords and whilst there I plonked her on a Sweetie bike and off she went like Chris Boardman. Two years later I took the stabilisers off it and she taught herself how to ride properly, she then went on to a hand me down bike from a cousin.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

joe daly's I doubt there's one kid who grew up in Dundrum who didn't get their bicycle there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 candyflossgirl

Hi there...thinking of a tricycle for our son-2 years and five months old at Christmas. Main difficulty is he's a big tall kid and while he's agile enough now he was slow to crawl, walk etc. which means that with physical development he needs something for his age but he's more like a three to three and half year old in size. We need a big strong tricycle. Joe Daly's had a little raleigh number but I'd say he'd get six months out of it if we were lucky. Any suggestions for models?? would the balance bike be a suitable alternative?

Hi there...thinking of a tricycle for our son-2 years and five months old at Christmas. Main difficulty is he's a big tall kid and while he's agile enough now he was slow to crawl, walk etc. which means that with physical development he needs something for his age but he's more like a three to three and half year old in size. We need a big strong tricycle. Joe Daly's had a little raleigh number but I'd say he'd get six months out of it if we were lucky. Any suggestions for models?? would the balance bike be a suitable alternative?

Do what I did, take him to Halfords and plonk him on a bike with stabilisers and see how he gets on.

You don't have to buy the bike there, just try it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 candyflossgirl

Thanks Fratton Fred, tried him out in Halford's and think I will leave it til the summer he is not able for the bikes they freaked him out a bit and the trikes are all too small. Good advice though, cheers! :)

Advertisement