Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being stupid?

• 22-11-2011 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭

My partner has an overnight event for work that he has to attend which is 9 days before my due date. He won't be driving there so won't be able to get back quickly if anything happens during the night. (We are in London, the event is in Birmingham)

This is my first baby and I'm a bit nervous about being on my own so close to my due date, esp as the doctors keep stressing that I could go anytime now! I know the chances of me going into labour on that particular night are slim but we live away from family so if anything were to happen I would be on my own until he could get back which would more than likely not be until the next day.

His family are from Birmingham so we could go the day before to visit them and I could stay in another hotel but not attend the event with him. Is it worth doing this for something that isn't likely to happen? Am I over reacting or being a bit over cautious? I don't care where I give birth, once he is there!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

If it was me I wouldn't be keen on him going, or on going myself. I'd have felt much more comfortable at home in my own house and with hubbie near enough to be on call if needed.

If he really has to go and you'd have no one near where you live then maybe going with him would be an idea.

Make sure you have the contact details of the local hospital. I remember reading somewhere before that if you're going to be away from your own hospital near the birth time its worth asking for a copy of your hospital notes to bring with you in case you had to go to the other hospital so they'd be fully informed - might just save them having to ask you a load of questions or for information you dont know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

If he really has to go to this event is there anybody can can come and stay with you? Sister in law? Friend from work anyone?

Advertisement