Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which way am I better off

Options
  • 22-11-2011 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I use 250 units of electric each bill, that will never change much, regardless of winter or summer.

I just see from my that I am on a price plan called nightsaver

I also see that I use 70 units at night and the remainder in the day.

Would I be better of on the day rate plan and forget about the night saver?

Also my bill has increased 18.6% from the last one so I don't know where the 12% advertised esb price rise was taken from.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi johneire31,
    johneire31 wrote:
    Would I be better of on the day rate plan and forget about the night saver?

From the information above, I would recommend you remain on the Nightsaver tariff. Our general advice to customers is that the Nightsaver is only beneficial when you use roughly a quarter of your total consumption in the dedicated night-rate hours, which are 11pm to 8am in wintertime, and 12am to 9am in summertime (see here for information on daylight savings/when the clocks change). For more information on unit prices/standing charges specific to this tariff, see our Price Plan Rate Details.

Another factor to bear in mind is that, while the Nightsaver meter is free to install, there is a charge should you wish to revert back to the 24hr meter (details here).
    johneire31 wrote:
    Also my bill has increased 18.6% from the last one so I don't know where the 12% advertised esb price rise was taken from.

The electricity unit prices and standing charges increased by 14.8% on October 1st, but the effect on customer bills is reduced to around 12% when the reduced PSO Levy (also effective from October 1st) is taken into account. For more information, see our FAQ on the price increase here.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to ask. Please also feel free to PM me your details if you would like me to have a look at your account.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement