Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need your help for logo design for campaign/protest

Options
  • 22-11-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am coming here in a cry for help in a way. I'm trying to get a protest/campaign going to protest against increased taxes on private motorists (VAT increases and possibly even rates of car tax also) and the best I could come up with is a '50 miles an hour' campaign where all drivers who want to participate have a logo on their car to show they are part of the campaign and drive at 50 miles an hour to make their point. It may not achieve success but it's better than nothing. I wouldn't protest only I think that motorists are already very seriously hit by various taxes and have more than contributed their share to earn the right to drive their cars on the road.

So I am wondering if anyone here would have any spare time to design an effective logo to signify the 50 miles an hour campaign, something that would be recognisable but unobtrusive at the same time obviously.

I know it's a big ask but I have no knowledge in this area myself and want to launch a facebook campaign and have these bumper stick ons to offer to people who want to get involved in the campaign.

Would appreciate any help, or even just ideas as to what would make a good graphic for this.

Thanks a mil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Hi pog, sorry I cant be any help in regards designing a logo but just thought I would give some honest input.

Im not quite sure its something that would take off, while id agree there are lots of people out there with the same views (me being one btw) im not convinced you would/could find many people to commit to driving those speeds while going about their daily life.

Also the only people you would be pis sing off by driving slowly is the motorist/s behind you who quite likely pay the same motoring related costs you do.

However I do think its great that you are trying to do something in relation to the extortionate prices motorists in this country pay im sure someone will be along with more help design way. best of luck btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

I have started a thread in the Irish Economy section to ask people for other ideas but the 50 miles an hour seems to be the best one we've got so far.
    The thing is anyone who takes part will be driving in the extreme left of the road and pulling in to hard shoulder, when possible, etc. so that we don't overly put other drivers out. Also it would be conducted within reason. Hopefully though other drivers will see what we are doing and may even join themselves.

Hopefully someone can help with the logo otherwise it's going to be something done by myself and probably fairly weak as art/design is not one of my strengths.

Advertisement