Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to buy online?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Hello if I were you I'd stay well away from ebay especially when buying higher end brands because there more than likely fake.

Sites like ASOS.com and Debenhams.ie are really good coming up to Christmas, if you sign up for their newsletter they offer 10%-20% discounts and have a Christmas gifts section. Another plus is they accept laser card and delivery is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Thanks Oakey Dokey, good to know about those offers!! :D:D

I'd be interested also is hearing from any users here who have bought products from ebay, especially make up and dresses. Is it all rubbish? There are some nice party dresses on there for £10 (I know, I'm a cheap skate) but I don't wana spend a lot for something to wear to my work xmas do, so something cheap and pretty from there would do me fine. Provided it's actually as it says on the ad.

Sorry for all the questions, I don't buy clothes or make up online so not sure where to start or if it's all crap?!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

If you're careful ebay's fine.

What you need to get into the habit of is checking the seller's feedback (as a seller) & the comments on their feedback. the link you put up for example, that seller has feedback of over 99% (I'd always look for feedback of 99-100%) but then also look at their comments too (this selller has 3 negative comments saying that the benefit they're selling is not authentic)....

I buy alot of nail stuff on ebay, mainly OPI - it's alot cheaper than in the shops here, not because it's fake but because I'm buying it from the US where it retails at a lot less than it does here....I've also bought a few bottles of perfume again genuine & again cheaper than I can buy here (mainly tester bottles).

The old line that if it's too good to be true it probably is what to remember ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

great, thanks for the info tabitharose! I will keep an eye on seller's comments.

Anyone ever bought clothes off it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Personally I would stay away from ebay unless you are quite familiar with the product as there are really realistic looking fakes for sale there.

For make up, I would try feelunique.com. Lookfantastic is good too. I like Littlewoods.ie for bits and pieces, generally there's a 10% discount flying around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Isolt wrote: »
    Anyone ever bought clothes off it?

I have ;) I lover Per Una (M&S) and buy alot of it on ebay, there are a number of sellers who buy the surplus clothes direct from the factory & sell them for a fraction of the retail price on ebay (brand new but with the labels defaced & as labels make me itchy the first thing I do with any new clothes is cut them off anyways). With buying clothes online from any source though I would recommend sticking to brands you are familiar with so that you can be sure of your sizing & also the quality of the clothes - happy hunting :)

Advertisement