Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workplace temporarily closing..

Options
  • 22-11-2011 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've just been told, that the place I'm working in, is closing on saturday for 3 weeks.
    I've been working there part time for a while and have been full time for a couple of months or so.
    Its a small enough place, about 5 of us working there.

Yes, saturday 3 weeks is pretty much the run up to xmas. Im so angry.

Do I have any rights here? Compensation? Can I claim dole for a few weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Do I have any rights here?
    Maybe.
    Compensation?
    Doubt it. You're getting unpaid leave.
    Can I claim dole for a few weeks?
    Not the dole, but you should be able to get money from the state. Pop into your local dole office and ask what info your boss has to give. Ask for said info ASAP off the boss, and not on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

I've just been told, that the place I'm working in, is closing on saturday for 3 weeks.
    I've been working there part time for a while and have been full time for a couple of months or so.
    Its a small enough place, about 5 of us working there.

Yes, saturday 3 weeks is pretty much the run up to xmas. Im so angry.

Do I have any rights here? Compensation? Can I claim dole for a few weeks?

Get a letter from your employer stating that you are on a temp lay off and go to your sw office and apply for jobseekers benefit/allowance which ever is applicable to you situation. You can receive jobseekers while on a temporary lay off.

Advertisement