Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to reuse a found, empty beer keg?

Options
  • 22-11-2011 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

My flatmate brought back an empty keg last night and as i absolutly hate the process and hassle of bottling i was wondering if it is in any way possible to reuse this keg for my own homebrew. Would anyone know how to go about doin this?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Beer kegs are the property of a brewery.

They are pressurised and opening one can be a dangerous operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Depends on what type of keg it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Dont think youd be able to fill a commercial beer keg, you'd need all the right tapping heads for filling, cleaning and dispensing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Camilo

Okay cheers for the replies, guess ill just have to keep using it as a table then

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭GeorgeCostanza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

As mathepac mentioned: that keg is the property of a brewery, taking JerryHispano's mate up on that offer would be dealing in stolen property and highly inadvisable...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Like a previous poster said - the keg is the property of the brewery & was not his to 'take'. Suggest that he takes it back.

Thread closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement