Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in swords

Options
  • 22-11-2011 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi everyone.

Just started working in the Pavilion in swords and the cost of parking in there is crucifying me.:( Can't use the meters on the main street cause i can't get out to feed them. Can anyone let me know where there is cheap parking or better again free parking near the Pavilion? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gerbo

Isn't the top level of that car park for staff only and free for them to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

Airside and walk the rest of the way? Free parking up there as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Jenroche wrote: »
    Airside and walk the rest of the way? Free parking up there as far as I know.

Airside clamp people who park there and leave, they have signs up

There's two places,

One is at the top of the main street, past pennies on the left. You can pay to park there for a week think its €16
    There's also another similar place at the bottom of the main street, take a right and its just on the left. Think its the same price.

Not 100% sure of their prices off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 delly67

Unfortunately it isn't. 2 reduced parking tokens are issued to the shop I'm in and the manager and assistant manager get those. Staff have to pay for parking at the same rate as the shoppers :confused:

The two places I mentioned would be your best bet.

I wouldn't park in the estates beside the pavilions, they've had that problem for years with people parking in their estate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 delly67

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    The two places I mentioned would be your best bet.

I wouldn't park in the estates beside the pavilions, they've had that problem for years with people parking in their estate
    Thanks for that. I'll try both those places tomorrow.

The one at the top is beside the new "Coffee Dock" shop, across from the lord mayors pub. Almost a gap between two houses with a sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

You could park on the Drynam Road or off it and take the foot bridge across to the Pavilions. Less than a five minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

M.J.M.C wrote: »

Well there's nowhere to park for free anymore anyway, it's all metered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

If you are there early enough, behind the star (the not so well looked after road directly behind the star, I think there is some sort of club there too) there is free parking there, but very limited, up till you get to the fella with the long hair in the little portakabin is free . Not on the main road beside the houses, that is paid parking. Would u ask at the lord Mayors? I would guess that they would be willing to let u park for a weekly fee... maybe ask in JC's as they own the pub asfaik and are pretty reasonable fella's... Hope that helps.x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

It's mental how little free parking there is in a town of Swords' size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Free parking in Seatown (behind the Harp), 10-15 min walk @ most.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 danbyrne88

I know the last message on this thread was a long time ago but just to throw my opinion in for other people who might stumble across this forum in need....

The current parking prices in Pavillion are:
    Free / 2 hours
    €1.00 / 3 hours
    €2.50 / 4 hours
    €6.00 / 5 hours
    €7.50 / 6 hours
    €7.50 / additional hour. (which is extortionate)

If you are working there its most likely shift work with random shift times. Park in the pavilion car park then on your breaks go out pay the low price (which wud be 1 euro up to 3 hours or 2.50 up to 4 hours) then take the car out of the car park and drive it back in getting a new ticket.

That way you are back to 2 hours free parking and u get the lower rate costs if u stay more than 2 hours.

it might be a bit of a pain but if you are on a 6 hour shift with 1 break you could potenially pay only 2 euro for parking for the day versus the normal 6 euro cost if you were to park in one block.

Advertisement