Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct debit suggestions - Meteor

Options
  • 22-11-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Looking for suggestions here.

I tried to move to Meteor about a month ago (port), filled out my details on their website, including direct debit details.

I never heard anything from them, a month later I get a bill for 35 euro! I mailed them was told they will help me AFTER I provide my PIN number and 3 recently dialed numbers!!!! I dont have ths information, because I never made any calls... Which I did explain in the mail. I tried to call them, but never get through, on hold 30 minutes they never seem to answer!

I sent them a mail asking them to help. I went to AIB who said they cannot cancel DD without originator reference and customer reference which I need to get off Meteor, so it looks like im stuck paying them 35 a month of nothing?

Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

johnmryan wrote: »

I went to AIB who said they cannot cancel DD without originator reference and customer reference which I need to get off Meteor, so it looks like im stuck paying them 35 a month of nothing?

Suggestions?

Get onto AIB again, you can cancel a direct debit at anytime on your account, all they need to do is look into your account and they'll have the details, if they don't play ball, tell them you want to close that account straight away and open up a brand new one, they won't be long helping you.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

Get onto AIB again, you can cancel a direct debit at anytime on your account, all they need to do is look into your account and they'll have the details, if they don't play ball, tell them you want to close that account straight away and open up a brand new one, they won't be long helping you.

Thank's for the reply.

I spoke with 2 staff members in the AIB office today, they said Meteor had not yet set up the direct debit, or sent the request (they are due to on 28th according to the bill), so there is nothing they can do without those numbers from meteor, if I get those numbers they can "send an internal email" to block the request.

I feel like im stuck in a loop, all these companies are protected and the customer has no leg to stand on. Just tried calling meteor again 15 minutes no answer, and now the 1905 number says im not a customer and hands up! What a major joke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Post on meteors forum on their website, they helped me out when no one on the phone would.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

lomb wrote: »
    Post on meteors forum on their website, they helped me out when no one on the phone would.

I wouldn't bother with the forum. Twitter is the easiest place to get a hold of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭whizbang

I get a bill for 35 euro!
    ?? what for ??

did they take the money from your account, or just post you a nice piece of toilet paper?

• Advertisement
Advertisement