Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation Fee

Options
  • 22-11-2011 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi

You might advise me re the following

I have been an Eircom customer for over 22 years and during that time paid my bill by Direct Debit monthly. Over the last couple of years my bill seemed to have creeped up over the €100 mark and as I don't use the phone (mainly my kids calling friends on mobiles and Internet etc) I deemed it pretty expensive at €1200 plus per year for the privilege of a land line in my home. Over the last year it started to hit €115 - €125 per month so when a Vodafone rep called they reviewed my recent bills and advised I could half my bill - I said why not.
    I was one of these people who never switched any service before but thought if Eircom could rip me off so easily why be loyal to a company who couldn't care less about its customers.
    I switched and then received a final bill from Eircom which I paid but didnt pay the cancellation fee of €50.35 inc Vat.
    My point is that this clause wasn't in my contract with Eircom when I first opened my account 22 years ago and was only added last year (i suppose in light of so many customers jumping ship). I don't remember being advised of this change at the time and certainly don't agree with it. It would be different if I signed a contract for 12 months and then decided to cease before the period, but after 22 years they hit me with this.

Question is where do I stand - have I to pay this fee?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

kingstown wrote: »
    Hi

You might advise me re the following

I have been an Eircom customer for over 22 years and during that time paid my bill by Direct Debit monthly. Over the last couple of years my bill seemed to have creeped up over the €100 mark and as I don't use the phone (mainly my kids calling friends on mobiles and Internet etc) I deemed it pretty expensive at €1200 plus per year for the privilege of a land line in my home. Over the last year it started to hit €115 - €125 per month so when a Vodafone rep called they reviewed my recent bills and advised I could half my bill - I said why not.
    I was one of these people who never switched any service before but thought if Eircom could rip me off so easily why be loyal to a company who couldn't care less about its customers.
    I switched and then received a final bill from Eircom which I paid but didnt pay the cancellation fee of €50.35 inc Vat.
    My point is that this clause wasn't in my contract with Eircom when I first opened my account 22 years ago and was only added last year (i suppose in light of so many customers jumping ship). I don't remember being advised of this change at the time and certainly don't agree with it. It would be different if I signed a contract for 12 months and then decided to cease before the period, but after 22 years they hit me with this.

Question is where do I stand - have I to pay this fee?

Hi kingstown,

Can you private message me with your eircon account number or telephone number and I will look into the cancellation fee you have been charged.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kingstown

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply PM sent

Kind regards

kingstown wrote: »
    Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply PM sent

Kind regards

Hi kingstown,

I PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ammobear

Hi mark,

I've just sent you a pm, I hope you can help - regarding. Installing a phone line :)

Ammobear wrote: »
    Hi mark,

I've just sent you a pm, I hope you can help - regarding. Installing a phone line :)

Hi Ammobear

I PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement