Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycummin area

• 22-11-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever lived in the apartments around there? near the spar and where clohessys pub used to be? its not far away from where I live now and I need someplace a bit cheaper but there seems to be a lot of those apartments up for rent? anyone got any experience with ny of the buildings in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

I live in the houses close by.
    Not aware of any issues with the apartments.
    IN general I think there is a lot of rental space coming available in Limerick area..
    I myself am going to be renting out my house in the new year as I'm leaving Ireland and not going to sell with the house prices so low and this makes it a renters market right now...

It's a pity that the restaurant and pub are now closed - I think that has had some knock in effect in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cheers, was just wondering, I know the area and walk past it regularly so dont think there's anything wrong with it, just wondered how come theres like 5 apartments up for rent there. it is a renters market but try telling that to people renting apartments for 700 a month who have had them on daft.ie for 3-4 months and wont budge on the price, surely its better to have some sort of income for the place even its its 500 or something instead of having them sitting there empty?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jood10

I live in these apartments at the moment, absolutely love it. It's really quiet, I'd say if I've met 2 or 3 of the neighbours its as much and our building is full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Rented in the area years ago before buying elsewhere, and I have nothing but good to say about my time there. Never had any kind of outside hassles, and there were plenty of nice folk in the area.

The closure of the pub/restaurant/chipper/dry cleaners is a bit of a blow on the amenities front, but there is a handy little supermarket still there, a barber and other amenities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Was there not 1 or 2 of the undesireable famlies living in those appartments? I remember a friend of mine was buying one of them a while back but pulled out over who his neighbours were going to be. These guys were well known in the city and caused some problems up there.

Maybe someone can update if they are still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jood10

Was there not 1 or 2 of the undesireable famlies living in those appartments? I remember a friend of mine was buying one of them a while back but pulled out over who his neighbours were going to be. These guys were well known in the city and caused some problems up there.

Maybe someone can update if they are still there.

Not in my block which is by the shop can't speak for the other blocks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

heard about that a while back - think they've moved - but don't quote me on it.
    Not seen anything bad around them lately - but then again, with the pub closed I tend not to stroll by too often these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

id offer 500 a month, they might accept :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

When did the pub close? :eek:
    Haven't been out that way in a while.
    Is penz gone too?
    What about slatterys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

mark1974 wrote: »
    Is penz gone too?
    What about slatterys?

All shut up shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

Jaysus. That's bad.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mark1974 wrote: »
    Is penz gone too?
    What about slatterys?

clohessys closed a few months ago, slatterys only a few weeks back iirc, the laundrette and restaurant are gone a while. slatterys was an ok alternative to donkeys for chips but it was always empty. think the lack of hungry drinkers in the pub hurt it big time.

well it always closed before the pub closed which did it no favours. Anyways Tony's (raheen foodstores) is a far better chipper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Used to be - now it's Superbites down there at the Rosedale Centre - opposite Collins' Pub. mmmmmmm Taco fries............. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I suppose we could call this "The Dell effect".
    I wonder does it occur elsewhere.....is Lodz, Poland (the new Dell, but not anymore) experiencing the same thing, food outlets and pubs closing down, rents dropping, etc.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    I suppose we could call this "The Dell effect".
    I wonder does it occur elsewhere.....is Lodz, Poland (the new Dell, but not anymore) experiencing the same thing, food outlets and pubs closing down, rents dropping, etc.

I wouldnt have put it down to Dell closing at all! Not in Ballycummin anyway.

Advertisement