Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with budget tablet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I would avoid anything with a resistive screen.; they're generally crappy to use. Capacitive screens are much better. Can't think of any particular examples that will come in at that price range, but maybe the Android forum can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

There's one on iBOOD for €69.99. link

Although it's so cheap I'd do a good research before buying.

I was 1/2 thinking of getting a cheap as chips one myself. Just for quick internet access. I have an iphone but it'd be easier to have something with a larger screen and easier to type.

Your iPhone's screen will most likely be far better to type with. The tablet above has a resistive screen which are generally really crap. Typing in a website address will be annoying enough, let alone an email. The iPhone has a capacitive screen which is far better.

It also annoys me that these things are marketed as eReaders. They're not. They might be able to display the files - but so can a laptop which is also not an eReader.

Also - personal opinion - if you have a phone with a decent sized screen, then I don't see the point of a mini tablet. I'd just go for a full size one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Cheers.
    I didn't mean this exact one.
    I suppose what I'd want is a large screen, non resistive screen, instant start up speed (or very quick) and cheap as chips...

I'd search the Android forum I linked to above then and see what budget ones are recommended.

Here's one thread that might help:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75613238

• Advertisement
Advertisement