Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC out for 2+ weeks... Discount?

• 22-11-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

My UPC phone and broadband has been out of action for the last two weeks. it was off around friday two weeks ago, we rang on monday, and someone was around by wednesday to fix it.
    The UPC connections are in a room outside my apartment and the engineer couldn't get the door open, so he rang the apartment building management company, so the caretaker came up and said he couldn't open the door because it was vandalised and he needed to get a locksmith.

Long and short of it, we're still without internet coming up to nearly 3 weeks now, and i was wondering what are the chances of getting a discount on my monthly bill if I ring and complain to UPC...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

They will prob reimburse for any downtime once it has been reported, prob in the form of credit on your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Did the management company get the door repaired yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Had a similar experience in September - connection was up and down for almost 3 weeks (including 2 visits to 'fix' it).

I did have to call up to confirm the discount however (they'll calculate the amount pro rata for the month).

Make sure whoever you have spoken to in the tech support team has made a note of it on your account. When sorted, ring accounts and request the discount.

Lots of people think UPC have poor customer service. I've had a few issues with them, but as long as you're firm, polite and clear with them, they tend to be ok. I certainly think they are good. Key thing is not to loose the rag and scream at them - thats not going to enocurage anytone to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sudzy

Yeah, got fixed today, so have to ring them now. I'll have to see what they say.

Advertisement