Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you have hanging earlobes?

• 22-11-2011 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

I do, but I know a lot of people who don't. The trait of having attached earlobes is recessive - you need two parents with attached earlobes for you to have the same, but just one parent with hanging earlobes should guarantee you a nice wiggly bit at the end of your ear. However, Japanese and Chinese people are more likely to have attached earlobes than hanging ones. Why is that? Why are we evolving detached earlobes while Asian people are evolving attached? What does this mean for society???

Anyway - back to the original point. How are they hanging (or not)?

Do you have hanging earlobes? 115 votes

Yes.
    0% 0 votes
    No.
    73% 84 votes
    I'm just happy I have ears.
    26% 31 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

What in the name of Miriam O'Callaghans massive vagina are you on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Noopti wrote: »

<google image searches hanging earlobes................puts safe search back on>

Ah right, I think this is it. (Before and after op pic).

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭diamondp

so der's different types of earlobes????? news to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I have one......:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I bet Miriam O'Callaghans massive vagina has massive hanging lobes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

xoxyx wrote: »
    Why are we evolving detached earlobes while Asian people are evolving attached? What does this mean for society???(or not)?

HOLY SHíTE.
    earlobes need to be attached, this is a human right, what kind of sick bástard would do this???(or not)?

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

chin_grin wrote: »
    <google image searches hanging earlobes................puts safe search back on>

Ah right, I think this is it. (Before and after op pic).

I hope her vagina is B, A is way too hairy.

I hope her vagina is B, A is way too hairy.

You like your vaginas as ears? You f*ck mutants?

diamondp wrote: »
    so der's different types of earlobes????? news to me
    YUP and it wasn't so long ago I realised that half of American guys are circumcised and Mirimam's flaps hang down.
    Strange world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I don't really know what you're on about tbh with attached and detached lobes.
    But I have no earlobes - everyone always slags me because of it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I was under the impression that most peoples were pretty normal (attached) but those who wear earrings weighing a bit for many years would make them hang. I didn't look at any links though so I could be talking about something completely different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i have one attached and one hanging

im a twisted freak of nature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

chin_grin wrote: »
    You like your vaginas as ears? You f*ck mutants?
    Any hole is a goal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Oh jaysus, why did you have to write that? Now I'll have to go back on the bottle in a - probably vain - effort to get that image out of my mind.:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Mine are attached and stop my head getting a good battering in a strong wind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

:eek::eek::eek:

That is not where I thought this thread would go!!!
    I don't really know what you're on about tbh with attached and detached lobes.
    But I have no earlobes - everyone always slags me because of it :(

Attached means no earlobes. I thought you either had earlobes or you didn't, but apparently we all have earlobes but some are attached and some are detached. Meh - equality and all that.
    I was under the impression that most peoples were pretty normal (attached) but those who wear earrings weighing a bit for many years would make them hang. I didn't look at any links though so I could be talking about something completely different

Nope - attached is less common and it's a genetic thing.
    Helix wrote: »
    i have one attached and one hanging

im a twisted freak of nature

Weirdo!!! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Any hole is a goal :D

Not if it's the size of a goal it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

another person wondering what a detached earlobe is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I feel really smart because I seem to be the only one that knows what the OP is on about... :D I can never look at Miriam O'Callaghan again.
    Detached for me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ernst Stavro Blofeld cut off his earlobes in an attempt to be Comte Balthazar de Bleuchamp.

FACT !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I heard Miriam O'Callaghan tucks her vagina into her sock when she's not using it to have babies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

wheres the semi detached option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

mine are somewhere between hanging and attached. technically hanging, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    I heard Miriam O'Callaghan tucks her vagina into her sock when she's not using it to have babies.

I heard if she lets them hang and then wiggles side to side really fast and makes them slap together, it sends North African elephants into heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Mine are attached too OP. Can you curl your tongue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Dean09 wrote: »
    I heard if she lets them hang and then wiggles side to side really fast and makes them slap together, it sends North African elephants into heat.

She moves around like a snail on them.

• Advertisement

pragmatic1 wrote: »

I can.
    Can you lick your own elbow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Dean09 wrote: »
    I can.
    Can you lick your own elbow?
    If "elbow" is a euphemism for my dick, then yes. Yes I can.

If "elbow" is a euphemism for my dick, then yes. Yes I can.

Teach me master

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Mine are attached. I remember my Junior Cert Science teacher telling us about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I musth, ye need humongous ones to do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Dumbo??? Is that you???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

No I have tiny polar bear type ears which I think are pretty boss :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Mine are hanging, but before you take me to your bosom as one of your own, I also have Neandertal DNA, an extra rib, an extra lower vertebra and some archaic skull features, so I'm a throwback caveman. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Mine are hanging, but before you take me to your bosom as one of your own, I also have Neandertal DNA, an extra rib, an extra lower vertebra and some archaic skull features, so I'm a throwback caveman. :D

That's pretty cool. You should carry around a big club too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Naw sadly I didn't get the huge strength as part of the package. Small club orange with vodka OK?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Maybe it's an evolutionary thing? Europeans would be among the least modern populations around as far as archaic features go. Europeans have the heaviest brow ridges and the like. Modern humans have been getting more juvenile in features over the last 50,000 years. The Asians would generally be more juvenile in features, ditto for African folks. So if hanging ears are juvenile traits(which I suspect they are) then I'd expect that Europeans would have the most in the population.

• Advertisement

No. I can't touch my nose with my tongue either. I can bend my thumb back to touch just above my wrist though. Yay!!! :D

I know a guy who can triple curl his tongue so it looks like a shamrock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I've just pee'd in my Jocks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Well, I can do the eyebrow thing like the little féckers on the chocolate add.
    Match that bítches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I do, but I know a lot of people who don't. The trait of having attached earlobes is recessive - you need two parents with attached earlobes for you to have the same, but just one parent with hanging earlobes should guarantee you a nice wiggly bit at the end of your ear. However, Japanese and Chinese people are more likely to have attached earlobes than hanging ones. Why is that? Why are we evolving detached earlobes while Asian people are evolving attached? What does this mean for society???

Anyway - back to the original point. How are they hanging (or not)?

I don't have earlobes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

My brother has no earlobes he used to be brought around the science classes in school :o I have attached ie hardly any earlobes I wouldn't like to have big dangly ones:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

No. I can't touch my nose with my tongue either. I can bend my thumb back to touch just above my wrist though. Yay!!! :D

I know a guy who can triple curl his tongue so it looks like a shamrock.

I have detached lobes and can touch my wrist with my thumb. My niece can do that weird shamrock thing with her tongue. We thought she was one of a kind but obviously not :D

I have detached lobes and can touch my wrist with my thumb. My niece can do that weird shamrock thing with her tongue. We thought she was one of a kind but obviously not :D

Maybe your niece dresses up as a guy every now and again and pretends to be a friend of mine.

And you do lobes and the thumb thing too?? Maybe we're the same person!!! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

No, my earlobes are attached I can roll my tongue and tip my nose with it, I can bend the tips of my fingers downwards while the rest of the fingers are dead straight and my thumb knuckles can be bent inwards

I want to rename this thread do you have normal earlobes like a normal person

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Wibbs wrote: »
    Maybe it's an evolutionary thing? Europeans would be among the least modern populations around as far as archaic features go. Europeans have the heaviest brow ridges and the like. Modern humans have been getting more juvenile in features over the last 50,000 years. The Asians would generally be more juvenile in features, ditto for African folks. So if hanging ears are juvenile traits(which I suspect they are) then I'd expect that Europeans would have the most in the population.

I concur.

• Advertisement
Advertisement