Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ciara Conway..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i,d cut spending and reduce numbers in the public sector, and as for that vat increase i,d decrease and not increase that to stimulate spending and get bit more confidence into the retail sector to keep jobs!!

I fully agree about the VAT. The German VAT rate is IIRC 19% and I think we should be at most that. I'd love to see a trail done at lowering it to 15% and see how much spending increases. Retail in one of the worst hit areas for unemployment so the way I see it lower VAT>More spending> more employment> even more spending. All we heard about during the election was the promise to get Ireland working. Personally, I'm not seeing it.

Back on topic, I voted for CC (by transfer) and I think she should have to answer to her constituents. Do I agree with marching on her office? No, she's not solely at fault by any means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Sully wrote: »
    Pure electioneering in Labours part with that pledge, and the USI knew it. They were told by many many people (including me) but we were ignored and our posts removed (on their Facebook).

Its an awful shame that they wouldn't protest over something that might change (such as the grants). Marching to a back benchers office who wont be going against the government anytime soon wont make much of a difference and takes more people away from their classes. Kinda ironic.
    it sucks having your posts deleted or censored sully don,t it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

ziedth wrote: »
    I fully agree about the VAT. The German VAT rate is IIRC 19% and I think we should be at most that. I'd love to see a trail done at lowering it to 15% and see how much spending increases. Retail in one of the worst hit areas for unemployment so the way I see it lower VAT>More spending> more employment> even more spending. All we heard about during the election was the promise to get Ireland working. Personally, I'm not seeing it.

Back on topic, I voted for CC (by transfer) and I think she should have to answer to her constituents. Do I agree with marching on her office? No, she's not solely at fault by any means.

i see it first hand what way the retail sector is am i,m a rep and am in convenience shops daily selling food products to shops and even there finding it hard and its a knock on effect to us also on recently we left go 63 reps throughout ireland and if things get any worse there,ll be more gone so yeah i,m with ya on bringing vat down to 15 % its too clever an idea for our government though

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

I had a good laugh when I read about Deputy Joe Higgins' remarks in Dáil Éireann yesterday about the "little elves of the Labour Party backbenchers who are busy mining for votes in repeating all the pledges made by their leaders". He continued: "We hear from journalists that they have been hiding in the woods for the last few days".

Ciara even looks the part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Guramoogah wrote: »
    I had a good laugh when I read about Deputy Joe Higgins' remarks in Dáil Éireann yesterday about the "little elves of the Labour Party backbenchers who are busy mining for votes in repeating all the pledges made by their leaders". He continued: "We hear from journalists that they have been hiding in the woods for the last few days".

Ciara even looks the part!

Elf....more like an ork.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Think we are done here as its purely just passing insults around and isn't discussing her job as a TD in the slightest anymore.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement