Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Syrup or Black Treacle

Options
  • 22-11-2011 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I've decided to make Delia's Christmas Cake. However, it calls for 1 dessertspoon of black treacle. I don't like strong-tasting, very rich fruit cakes so could I use golden syrup instead? Would this make it a lighter fruitcake? What's the difference between the two?

Thank you all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I'd say you could use the golden syrup instead, one tablespoon of treacle shouldn't make the cake too strong but if you don't like it deffo go with the golden syrup. Golden syrup is not as thick as treacle but close enough it's only a tablespoon so you'll get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 GAAFan123

Thanks for your reply! Could I use half black treacle and half golden syrup?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I'd say you could, they are a similar consistency

Advertisement