Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pallet Delivery (time-scale) DE to IRE

Options
  • 22-11-2011 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

How long does it take on average to get a pallet delivered from Germany to Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

depends who with BUT 2-3 Days by road should cover you. 1-2 days by AIR (Mad money)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭usainbolt

KÜHNE & NAGEL. Sent from supplier in Germany on the 15th but has not arrived yet.

usainbolt wrote: »
    KÜHNE & NAGEL. Sent from supplier in Germany on the 15th but has not arrived yet.

Thats a bit slow BUT its not an exceptional amount of time either... Ring them? How much they charge for that? Is it an unusual size pallet?

Not sure on dimensions but weight is just over 400kgs, price €290.

Just an Update.

Arrived yesterday so 7 working days, 1 and a half pallets weighing a total of 400kgs for €290.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Just an Update.

Arrived yesterday so 7 working days, 1 and a half pallets weighing a total of 400kgs for €290.

We always use Rhenus Logistics and do better rates than that

larry1 wrote: »
    We always use Rhenus Logistics and do better rates than that

how much better?

you should also try CLF - we use them and its about 2-3 days to bring a pallet back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Just an Update.

no such thing as one & a half - its either one or 2. If the second pallet had just one box on it, it still takes up a pallet space. Weight also rarely makes a big difference on raod transport unless its extremely heavy. 400kg is quite a light load.

tip - try dealing with a company that has depots in both germany & Ireland (only 1 company has to profit from the deal). Don't be afraid to call the biggest of companies. I use DSV and there prices / service from UK & france are exceptional. Uk guaranteed 2 day and sometimes next day, about €65/pallet, france about €90/pallet.

Possibly there is someone cheaper, but all i do is send an email and goods are at my door 2 days later without fail (3 days from france).

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

usainbolt wrote:
    how much better?[/QUOTE

Highly recommend CLF.I use them for all my imports and exports to / from Holland/Belgium/Germany/Switzerland/Poland/Hungary/Czech Rep etc. If y ou need an intro let me know
    Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Advertisement

Just bring this one up again, a devivery 69Kgs from Germany for €112. Waiting a week, this seems too long for me. As mentioned above it probably has to go through a couple of different courier firms.

I'd have cycled to germany by now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Not sure on dimensions but weight is just over 400kgs, price €290.
    Just bring this one up again, a devivery 69Kgs from Germany for €112. Waiting a week, this seems too long for me. As mentioned above it probably has to go through a couple of different courier firms.

I'd have cycled to germany by now:)

For pallet shipments the problem is that they are picked up by courier in that country and consildated in a depot and then shipped and the needs to break that down and make the final delivery in Ireland - So 3/4 days door to door isn't that bad the price seems steep though, i would contact DSV as their prices are a bit better

pgodkin wrote: »
    For pallet shipments the problem is that they are picked up by courier in that country and consildated in a depot and then shipped and the needs to break that down and make the final delivery in Ireland - So 3/4 days door to door isn't that bad the price seems steep though, i would contact DSV as their prices are a bit better

Its been 8 days already and no sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Its been 8 days already and no sign.

Did you use K&N in Dublin???, i would just ring them to find out an ETA on the consignment just look for international Transport (road) and ask them where the feck it is

My supplier was unable to get me a tracking number today. We will not be using said ff services again. I can't stand paying good money for such a shi* service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 danmann

Hi Rudolf

I know that this tread is ages old but i like to ask you if you still use CLF as your courier.
    And if it's so, please tell me how much they charge for 1Pallet from Germany-Dublin.
    Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Advertisement