Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foundation issue

• 22-11-2011 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭

hey ladies

wondering if you can help

i am recently wearing Clarins everlasting Foundation, i have tried other brands and my skin is a bit hit and miss with foundations. the Clarins foundation is defintely a big hit!!

i love it so much but my issue with it is that it says it lasts 15hours, and on my skin it lasts 1 hour and then starts to turn all patch and dry looking. from a distance it still looks good but close up no success!!!

should i be doing any rountine before using this or anything so it can be kept on?

thank you!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Hey Jade!
    There could a few reasons for this. Do you exfoliate and moisturise regularly? If your skin isn't cleansed properly your foundation can look patchy. Exfoliating takes away dead skin cells that will otherwise cause foundation to cake over it and look patchy. The moisturiser will stop your skin drying out so you don't get dry patches on your face.

Otherwise, do you naturally have very dry skin? If you do, a normal moisturiser may not be up to scratch for you and you may have to look at getting a good, thick one for before you sleep.

For me though, my patchiness went away when I started using a good primer. I love Urban Decay skin potion primer and when used along with a clean foundation brush, my make up looks very flawless. I even got a compliment recently on how fresh my face looked and the girl didn't realise I was wearing make up! SUCCESS.. yay !! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Hi OP:

There are a lot of emollients (moisturisers like silica, panthenol, lanolin etc) in foundations to make them blend onto the skin easily, even if they're aimed at oily skin types and over the course of 'settling' onto the skin, adjusting to the heat of your face etc, these emollients can 'burst' through and reveal themselves as patchiness and greasiness and not so long lasting after all.

You might have dry skin but could be using a foundation better suited to oily skin or vice versa.

I have normal/dry skin but I'm using Catrice Infinite Matt at the moment (in many chemists & Dunnes) and found it so good I got it in three colours (for pale and for darker days). It doesn't change colour on the skin after settling and the colours are very neutral, doesn't feel dry or tight either. Only need a small amount and costs €6.

I also have Bare Essentuals Matte Mineral, (which puts their original and awfully greasy one to shame) for days when I'm rushing - just buff on after concealer and away you go, liquid drives me mad sometimes.
    I always bring pressed powder with me though, a bit of shine will come through with every base.
    As for other foundations you might want to try Revlon Colorstay meant to be good, there's one for dry and one for oily skin.

Do you use a powder over the foundation or just alone?
    I've got Boots 17 Shine Controle loose, translucent, which is very very finely milled and wait a couple minutes for foundation to 'dry' before dusting on with a big soft fluffy brush, then a bit of bronzer, then another dusting of pressed powder (usually Rimmel stay Matte) on forehead and chin.
    It's all about preparing and layering the base so no matter what foundation you use that it'll last as best it can.

For moisturiser I use Simple Regeneration spf15 - lovely and rich but sinks in very fast and let that sort my dry-ish skin then use the above foundations for staying power.
    A primer (after moisturiser) before foundation could be a good idea,
    I don't use one myself but I've read that Gosh is good, around €12 I think.
    Be sure to exfoliate twice a week even if you don't think you need to.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭waterfordgirl

If you haven't already tried Estee Lauder Double Wear I would recommend that you give it a go! It lasts all day and in my experience doesn't go patchy or anything! Definitely the best foundation I've used! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Isolt wrote: »
    I love Urban Decay skin potion primer and when used along with a clean foundation brush, my make up looks very flawless. I even got a compliment recently on how fresh my face looked and the girl didn't realise I was wearing make up! SUCCESS.. yay !! :D:D:D

Ooh im jealous! :D do you use foundation over your primer? which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Hey gal44, I use the primer and then apply Clinique's No. 2 tinted moisturiser. It's really light and smooth and looks very natural, especially with the primer underneath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

Isolt wrote: »
    Hey gal44, I use the primer and then apply Clinique's No. 2 tinted moisturiser. It's really light and smooth and looks very natural, especially with the primer underneath.

I use this Clinique tinted moisturiser too. It's amazing. I used to use the Clarins one aswell as I have combination skin, but it wasn't workign for me as well as my skin got dryer when I got into my 30's. The Clinique tinted moisturiser has been a realy find for me. It's got a good bit more coverage than other tinted moisturisers I tried but still looks really natural, doesn't look like makeup at all and keeps your skin hydrated throughout the day without looking oily.

Advertisement