Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Sensation XL vs. iPhone 4s

Options
  • 22-11-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Make up my mind............... please

Its either:

iphone 4s free and €45 a month and buy beats headphones - 24 month contract
    HTC sensation XL €119 online for €40 a month (it comes with beats audio) - 18 month contract

I am way to indecisive for this business!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The XL isn't a great phone. It's too big, has got a poor screen, last generation processor and unusually for android phones, has no memory card slot. Of the two, I'd go for an iPhone 4S, but you may want to consider to the HTC XE which is a much better phone than the XL.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Ok thats what i needed to hear! :)

ya i have looked into the XE but you can only get it on 02 and its to expensive on that..... iPhone 4s it is then! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Ah just because its not dual core no point writing it off.

The Flyer and the XL use MSM8255. Now i havent used the XL that much. Its no slouch from the times i played around.

But the Flyer is far faster than any other dual core tablet ive tested. The only place where it goes down in performance is when displaying flash content. Bench marks show that dual core works better for flash content.

The screen resolution could be better. But its not as bad as every makes it out to be. One thing lower resolution will help you with is typing. The only place it will let you down is text on the web browser, you wont be able to read it without zooming in as you would on the iPhone4/4S.

But yes if you had the option for XE go for it :P

Either way i think their all decent phones

That is all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is this your first smart phone on bill pay, you've picked 2 good phones but a network you could get fleeced on and can't use all the phones features on it. Hvae a look at the other networks before you walk into a very restrictive contract or you'll be kicking yourself in a few months.

Advertisement