Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scumbag rubbish dumpers

Options
  • 22-11-2011 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Driving back from Kildare to Newbridge last night, I noticed about 25 black bags of rubbish just dumped on the side of the road.

Do people have ANY respect for this country anymore? This total disregard for the environment etc makes me so angry.

I only hope the bastards who did this left some evidence in one of the bags.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

For the past three years there has been dumping of domestic rubbish on a lane near me and I knew who was doing it but KCC wanted 100% proof to issue a fine. They never left enough evidence in the bags to give the 100% proof but last weekend they did.
    I and many more believe there should be more name and shame for those who are caught. Only those who don't pay the fine and go through the courts procedure can be named and shamed but for some reason they are not even mentioned these days and I'm not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

The local litter warden informed me that fines issued to some of the offenders were paid by the Vincent De Paul as the offenders pleaded poverty!

no more money from me to the VdP.

Those who genuinely can't afford to get rid of their rubbish are entitled to a waiver and thus get the service for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

That guy off kfm that has a column in the kildare post wrote last week that their was loads of sheets of asbestos dumped on the plains on the road from milltown to kildare near the holy well. Bloody disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Joe Public wrote: »
    Those who genuinely can't afford to get rid of their rubbish are entitled to a waiver and thus get the service for free.

Fair point JP, but does that give some pr**k the license to just throw 25 bags on the side of a main road? Or ANY road for that matter. And they must have been thrown, as some were burst open, and all spaced apart.

I know people who are on the breadline, but they would NEVER go dumping garbage bags on the side of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Driving back from Kildare to Newbridge last night, I noticed about 25 black bags of rubbish just dumped on the side of the road.

Do people have ANY respect for this country anymore? This total disregard for the environment etc makes me so angry.

I only hope the bastards who did this left some evidence in one of the bags.

Did you do anything about it? You could call the EPA or the local council.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

are you sure about that, the bins you speak of are called sponsored bins and the there's very little of them that aren't belongong to a residents association or similar, i don't think it's available anymore though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

If you went through these bags I bet you could recycle ate set 50% of its contents. Most LA provide free recycling. There is no excuse of this behaviour.

guil wrote: »
    are you sure about that, the bins you speak of are called sponsored bins and the there's very little of them that aren't belongong to a residents association or similar, i don't think it's available anymore though

Now that KCC have handed over their service to AES I don't know if the procedure has changed for those on the waiver system. The sponsored bins are different and are identified as being part of residents associations or Tidy Towns groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Now that KCC have handed over their service to AES I don't know if the procedure has changed for those on the waiver system. .

Once you are an existing customer receiving a waiver under Kildare County Council’s waiver scheme, AES will provide you with exactly the same service that you currently receive from KCC i.e. no service charge, pay for bin tags or bin-lifts only until 31st December 2012. Your current bin label will continue to be valid with AES to December 31st 2011, when a new label will be issued by AES on the same basis. From January 2013 onwards, AES intend to offer a discounted service charge for these existing waiver customers.

from http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/FAQs/NewWasteCollectionServiceFAQs/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Now that KCC have handed over their service to AES I don't know if the procedure has changed for those on the waiver system. The sponsored bins are different and are identified as being part of residents associations or Tidy Towns groups.
    i didn't know there was a waiver system in place, i presume the person would receive free bin tags then because other than a sponsored bin all the rest are labelled the same way

paulosham wrote: »
    Did you do anything about it? You could call the EPA or the local council.

Not sure who would be available at 10PM Paul.

Was over on the same road last night, and noticed all the bags were gone.

guil wrote: »
    i didn't know there was a waiver system in place, i presume the person would receive free bin tags then because other than a sponsored bin all the rest are labelled the same way

Free bin or not, there is absolutly NO excuse for this scum behaviour, and total disregard for the environment. Remember, whoever did this can't be broke, they had to drive to where the bags were dumped.

I just hope whoever picked up the bags found some evidence and nailed the bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Its the same down around these parts, I dont know why people cant dispose of bags of rubbish without mucking up the whole countryside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Went for a walk down the canal in Sallins. Wonderful amenity, but once again scumbags see fit to dump rubbish. They make me sick the bastards.

Advertisement