Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Art/Music Performance Equipment

Options
  • 22-11-2011 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi,

I really wasn't sure where to post this thread, but thought this forum might be a good place to start. Apologies in advance if I've overlooked somewhere more obvious. :o

I'm looking to gig my music in conjunction with some kind of visual performance - ideally, something I (or somebody else) could control in real-time.

The obvious solution would be some kind of VJ set-up, but that's not what I'm after. It's something more abstract and simple - the kind of visualizations built into Winamp or iTunes would be a good example. My question is, does anyone know of equipment that could react in time with a live audio feed (not one played back on a hard-drive) - a screen of some kind specialized for such a purpose?

My perfect set-up would involve some theremin-controlled full-mirror length screen, with effects reminiscent of the kind of thing you'd see on a plasma globe:

220px-Plasmabaw.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks,

David.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Winamp can do that I believe, you can set the input as Line in instead of audio. I'm sure a google will help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭David Matthew

Thanks, I didn't realise Winamp could visualise in sync with a line input. Not really what I'm looking for but something like that may turn out to be the only feasible option.

I tried google plenty of times before coming here but no joy. It's difficult to know precisely which search terms to use, and I've thrown plenty of combinations at it.

Advertisement