Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unibond Silicone Sealer

• 22-11-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,900 ✭✭✭✭

I have been using quite a lot of silicone & never have any problems. I bought some Unibond Silicone at €13 ie twice the price of the usual stuff & it refuses to come out of the cartridge ! I nearly broke the gun & I can only get tiny amounts out at a time even with the nozzle cut well back.

Have I got a duff cartridge or is it always this bad ?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Discodog wrote: »

Have I got a duff cartridge or is it always this bad ?
    Have a look at the sell by or packing date - sounds like it's gone off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,900 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It hasn't set & once out of the cartridge it seems normal - it's just impossible to get out :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Could be that there is enough of a gap to allow a little out at the side of the valve, which goes off after use and then acts as a glue.

Or your gun could be firing off centre ;)

Advertisement