Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit [Should I move from Rabo to Investec?]

• 22-11-2011 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi,

I have some money in a Rabo account that is not really earning much. I saw an advert for an Investec account giving 6.85% over 18 months (4.52% AER). Anyone able to comment on these?

Cheers,
    D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭homer911

A bank offers high deposit rates to attract funding - you would have to ask yourself why they are offering such a high rate and is any possible increased risk acceptable to you

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Ranelite

The other question would be is Investec safer as it's a South African bank and more removed from Euro collapse?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

I had money on deposit with investec in the past and found them very good to deal with, That rate seems a decent enough deal to me

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Any info on the safety of Investec. Have the books been audited/stress tested in the last 2 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,753 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I read a lot about Investec a few years back before I invested some money for 6 months with them.

They are well rated as an investment firm. And the 6 months with them was very smooth and no hassle at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Would any of the ratings agency's cover Investec?

What is their track record in getting their rating correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 iminireland

shangri la wrote: »
    Would any of the ratings agency's cover Investec?

What is their track record in getting their rating correct?

Here is a link to the agency ratings which is on Investec's website:

http://www.investec.co.uk/home/investor_relations/credit_rating.tablepopup_pageContent_65419-table.html

Investec deposits in Ireland are covered under the UK Bank Guarantee Scheme to a max of £85,000 STG, this is capped at €100,000. Link with more details below:

http://www.investec.ie/#home/Deposit_Accounts/personal_deposit_accounts/financial_services.html

Advertisement