Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a second calbe point installed for fax

• 22-11-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, the parents switched over to UPC a while ago and they've been happy enough with it problem is they asked for the fax line to be ported over, and it was, but the fax machine is in a different room to the modem and cable point on the wall.

I was thinking the easiest solution is to get UPC to install a second cable point in the office and move the modem and phone in there, connect the desktop via ethernet so as to solve another problem and get rid of the useless wireless adapter I have them using

The only other option I can think of is to get a ridiculously long phone cable and ethernet cable, run them under the carpet and drill into the next room (i.e the office)

Who do I contact in UPC to get a technician out to install another cable point??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Sorry...you are asking for a second point as a same line splitted for phone/fax on same Phone connection on the UPS modem...OR...a second point for fax,separated from phone line using the second built-in phone port on UPC modem !?

With another words...you want a second point / dedicated line for fax or same line splitted between phone and fax !?

Thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Just call them, and inform them u need the modem moved to another room.. it may cost you 40 euro for them to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Thats what I'm asking for. Who do I ask to talk to? I rang earlier and they told me they aren't trained for faxes and referred me to some third party company.

Tbh I'm kind of tempted to go the drill the wall route as it'd only cost €20 and a visit to peats.

Advertisement