Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike theft in Ucc

• 22-11-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

What's it like? Has anyone ever had a bike stolen in/near Ucc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

I parked my bike there for 3 solid years- once leaving it overnight as I left my keys for the padlock at home and I never once had any problems. I used to leave it all over too and when there were no spaces left lock it to the first pole I saw and again, never had any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Rob_Ireland

I had mine stolen. Make sure you have all your details like the number that's scratched into the frame, in case it does get stolen.

A lot of bike parking areas aren't covered by security cameras, and UCC security really can't help you at all if they don't have footage of the theft.

Try leave your bike in more open areas, and it's best not to leave it overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BazDel

My friend has his bike stolen a few weeks ago. He had it chained up outside the house of a friend who lives just off college road. He said that somebody must have seen it and brought back the necessary equipment to cut the chain.... unless they were walking around with it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Never had one stolen, although some arse let the air out of one my tyres once. :eek: T'was rather annoying at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Mine got stolen, complete with lock, last Christmas, parked by the Civil Eng Building. Was left wandering campus wondering was it just confusion as to where I'd parked it. I know a few more people with similar stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 That180Guy

Mine got stolen, complete with lock, last Christmas, parked by the Civil Eng Building. Was left wandering campus wondering was it just confusion as to where I'd parked it. I know a few more people with similar stories.

Some Christmas present! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Just make sure you buy a decent lock, Lock the bike properly and you should be fine!

Advertisement