Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop's broke, and I've a question about my FM Save File...

Options
  • 22-11-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

Right, laptop broke, but I managed to get into Safe Mode for a bit.

Anyway, if I get a new laptop, download Steam, log into my a/c, can I play FM11 again?

Also, I managed to get the game files, Pro Vercelli v03.fm and v02.fm but for some reason, the laptop shuts down when I try copy Pro Vercelli.fm over. No idea why?

But I'm dying to play this game again, so I hope that with them files, I can just past them into the new games folder and then I can play them?

Cheers,
    Anto

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

as far as i know if you manage to get the save game off you can continue your game, it happened me with 2010. Just check with someone here with access at the minute or check settings to see where the save game is set as default and copy the files from there.

btw if its an issue with the laptop other than harddrive failing you can get a caddy in PCworld for between 6 and 15 quid (depending on your HDD connection and if you want one to read both SATA and IDE or just one) plug it all together and it works as an external harddrive and you can get all your stuff off nice and handy. it can even work if its windows thats screwing up as it doesn't boot from it.

As mentioned above thats how i got my FM10 one back after motherboard decided to be a mother f**ker.

or instead you could do the whole caddy thing and load your game from the save game on it. (wherever that sports interactive folder is) and when you load it save it somewhere on new computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Yeah, I regularly move my save games from my PC to laptop and play on both, its no problem. Just make sure you have the same patch version.

EDIT: Oh and I'm on steam too, u can have it on two machines, you just can play it on the two at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Cheers for the replies! Gonna order a new hardrive now and hopefully the replacement will be good and I can play FM again!

well i just built new computer and managed to copy ove the save game no problem!

I think its in my documents\sports interactive\football manager 2012

copied all the folders and pasted in the new PC, installed the game and then loaded my save from the copied folder, worked perfect!

if you are unsure do a search for the name of your save game and you will see the folder its saved in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Have the new HDD in... Steam is downloaded and FM11 is currently downloading again! :D

Advertisement