Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pages hanging/not fully loading

Options
  • 22-11-2011 8:23pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm getting page hangs over the last few days, while it says "waiting for delivery.myflashpointmedia.com". I'm also finding (although it may be unrelated) that buttons such as thread tools and multiquote aren't always working. I'm having to reload the page a few times to get them working. Anyone else having problems? I'm using Chrome 15.0.874.120.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi Faith,

I'm also using Google Chrome and similar today only with the buttons. The mouse would hover over the link to click 'thread tools' but nothing drops down until I click f5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

We're aware of the issue, I'm diff'ing two pages right now for fun to see what's going wrong. It's most likely the Bottom MTU Advert. Will hopefully get this sorted for you later today/early tomorrow :)

Something funny went on with an eMobile advertisement. It shouldn't show up again so I'm marking this as resolved. If you notice it happening again, please report it here with a screenshot of the ad :)

Danny

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

When viewing threads in Firefox (multiple versions) some bottom-right adverts - especially eMobile, which I'm being barraged with today (SpyBot time again I guess! :o) - are preventing the bottom of the page from loading, completely removing the Quick Reply box and everything else below it :eek: Posting Rules, Modutils and various links are also being obscured as a result.

This is a duplicate, I thought we nixed that eMobile ad....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

This ad is now pulled, I'll investigate with the media sales team when they are back in a 9am.

Thread merged with existing report from a few days ago

Thread bumped again because this advertisement is back. I've fired off the appropriate emails.

And very shortly we should be done here again, got it nixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Still have the quick reply box not loading for a couple of forums, I've noticed it on TCN, Atheism&Agnosticism, and this forum so far.

On Chrome, if that's useful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There's an eMobile ad that's causing page loading problems for me as well.

See above, we're aware of the problem and this is still filed under Bug Report not Resolved ;)

Our advertisement management company have been notified, the advertisement will be removed from the Boards.ie site soon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Its now the ONLY ad showing in all forums I browse except some parts of Tech from what I can see :eek: Is someone using hinky tracking cookies?! And is something to do with them causing the problems with the ad?!?

Solitaire wrote: »
    Its now the ONLY ad showing in all forums I browse except some parts of Tech from what I can see :eek: Is someone using hinky tracking cookies?! And is something to do with them causing the problems with the ad?!?

The advertisement code is served to us by our ad provider and is malformed for the eMobile ad. This issue is causing havoc with the bottom ad slot, resulting in code that should be rendering in our page being rendered in the advertisement iframe. Certain browsers (e.g. Firefox, possibly IE9) seem to handle this problem better than others like Chrome/Safari which just stop working.

Unfortunately you can hit the ad server too many times in a short space of time and get stuck on the last advertisement you were served, in your case the eMobile ad.

It will be gone on Monday for definite, sorry about this.

It has been killed now, and with a spot of luck this time won't be reappearing and wrecking your Chrome/Boards experience :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement