Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

compatible items?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

yes there all compatible with eachother ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Thanks, just need to add a decent video card and I should be ok! :P

any idea what gpu your gonna add to this? if you don't mind me asking

Not really sure, perhaps a 6950

This is my current setup:
    Motherboard: Asus P5Q
    Video Card: HD4870
    Processor: Q6600
    Memory: OCZ PC6400 4GB

good card to go with no complaints here

• Advertisement

good card to go with no complaints here

cheers

is it worth the upgrade over my current set up?

depends on the games you play, but if your playing either skyrim or bf3 or other high demanding game then it is

edit: actually i think you'll be grand with just getting the 6950 as you cpu and ram are still grand for most games

depends on the games you play, but if your playing either skyrim or bf3 or other high demanding game then it is

edit: actually i think you'll be grand with just getting the 6950 as you cpu and ram are still grand for most games

Yea was thinking of that as Skyrim isn't exactly smooth on my current card.

well skyrim is more gpu intense then cpu so you should atleast try upgrading the graphics card first then replace the cpu\ram if you still require more power

Yea maybe you are right. I do a spot of photoshopping etc as well which works ok on my current setup but just doesn't zip....if ya get me!

• Advertisement

well the ram upgrade would be good for photoshop i will admit as photoshop loves ram but really the choice is up to yourself tbh
    if you don't mind spending alot on the upgrade then go ahead but if you really want to save money then i think you should upgrade the gpu first

Yea, not really sure what RAM is compatible with my current motherboard.

ddr2, thats why your better off waiting till you upgrade to the i5 before upgrading the ram

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but don't see the point in making a new thread.
    But all these items are compatible too? I already asked if the build would work and a few people said yes so I assume they meant everything was compatible, but just to be safe:

CPU: Intel i5 2500k
    Mobo: ASRock P67
    RAM: 8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance blau PC3-12800U CL9

ps. Just a heads up to the OP Poster, but we're getting same RAM and you're paying 15euro more for it ;)
    Also you're paying 5euro more the the CPU, maybe try hardwareversand.

edit: I think they're compatible, did a quick look and they have the same socket type so if thats the only thing I need to take into account then they work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

ps. Just a heads up to the OP Poster, but we're getting same RAM and you're paying 15euro more for it ;)
    Also you're paying 5euro more the the CPU, maybe try hardwareversand.
    Yes but he'll have to pay €30 for shipping from hardwareversand... and there is the ease of returning it too...

asif2011 wrote: »
    Yes but he'll have to pay €30 for shipping from hardwareversand... and there is the ease of returning it too...

I quickly added all my basked from hardwareversand to the basket on kompletts, for 20euro more I'm getting the exact same build without it set up.
    The ease of returning is good though but not worth the extra price, and also hardwareversand offers 2year warranty with them and whatever warranty the manufacturer offers, whereas komplett doesn't offer any warranty and you have to sort it out with the manufacturer.

yea there compatible too, btw i have had toubles in the past returning items from komplett and tbh i find hardwareversand very easy to work with if you need to return something but you need to make sure you call them rather then sending them an e-mail

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

I quickly added all my basked from hardwareversand to the basket on kompletts, for 20euro more I'm getting the exact same build without it set up.
    The ease of returning is good though but not worth the extra price, and also hardwareversand offers 2year warranty with them and whatever warranty the manufacturer offers, whereas komplett doesn't offer any warranty and you have to sort it out with the manufacturer.
    Sorry not understanding you, for the OP's hardware, when I do it Komplett is €412.95 + free shipping, HardwareVersand is €390,07 + €30 shipping = €420.07

asif2011 wrote: »
    Sorry not understanding you, for the OP's hardware, when I do it Komplett is €412.95 + free shipping, HardwareVersand is €390,07 + €30 shipping = €420.07

I was talking about a full build that I am ordering, wanted to see for myself not for the OP.
    Kompletts is probably better if your only getting parts and not a full build.

Advertisement