Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knacker fight DVDs etc on Youtube

Options
  • 22-11-2011 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭

Been browsing recently on Youtube and came across 3 known families in the Athlone area, the X's the Y's and the Z's

Anyway they seem to be organising alot of bareknuckle fights the past 10 years or so for huge amounts of money (one was for €350000 cash! :eek: ) Alot of them are available on Youtube. I wont post a link (check yourself if interested) but some nasty pieces of work there. Highly illegal of course

Anyway, why im posting...

For those of us who miss WWF in the old days, alot of these creatures now post videos to guys that they are about to fight mentioning the dates the fights on etc and basically verbally tearing apart the other families etc. Some of it is just hilarious (and with 4,000 hits for one last week im pretty sure im not alone in my thoughts)

Anyone know much of the history of all this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

I don't know anything about it, but when I moved to Athlone I was watching some tv3 documentary on the whole thing, and was surprised to see one of the families all standing outside Dan's while waiting to re-arrange a new location for the fight, cos the gardai had put a halt to the fight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Hello simey.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Shíte in a bucket!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ya dirty squeeky good for nothin rat poisen b5astard ya!

We can all fight with the hands...

a din in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Tescosolvakia

The video mikom posted is brilliant!

The root of all this can be seen in the movie documentary Knuckle... Trailer is on YouTube. Rented it from Xtravision it the other night and it's very interesting and goes into the history behind the fights!

Big Joe is certainly become an online celebrity - I see that there's street art of him on the canal walkway by leeson street bridge!

The fights themselves are ****e......ya might see one or two swings during it.....the rest of the time they just dance around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

The fights themselves are ****e......ya might see one or two swings during it.....the rest of the time they just dance around.

Is that you Joe???

Advertisement