Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband excessive usage

• 22-11-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I've been a customer of theirs for almost a year. I've done roughly the same amount of surfing/streaming/downloading every month since switching back to Eircom, and the last 3 months I have used on average twice my download limit of 10GB (which includes my upload too).
    I changed my router password too, but same thing keeps happening. I'm about 10 days into my billing period and the usage meter says I have downloaded 106%.
    I can't understand why all of a sudden I'm using up all my allowance. They keep telling me to upgrade, but I have to sign a new contract to do so.
    Is this just a clever way of roping me into another 12 months with them?

Any advice would be great.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭yenoah

healz, 10GB is very low inm my opinion. I'd do that daily. The internet is a changed place these days. I use online training in video format, I get some of my home entertainment streamed online. I use youtube a lot. I regularly go well over my allowance but my provider do not enfore the rule provided I dont go crazy. But I'd easily consume 150GB+ a month. I wonder are others in agreement?

Advertisement