Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clueless about coffee machines!!

Options
  • 22-11-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Im looking to buy my other half a coffee machine as a present. As I dont drink coffee, I am totally clueless about them so looking for any advice!! He normally drinks Lattes but really likes all sorts of coffee. My price range is between €100 to €150 ish?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cankles

If its a filter coffee machine, these can be picked up in most electrical retailers for €30-€50. If its the coffee shop experience your after then start off looking for a machine with a 15 bar pump (needed to make "espresso", which is brewing technique, not a type of coffee!). From there you can choose wether to go down the capsule route (Nespresso, Dulce Gusto etc) or the ground coffee route. I have a gaggia classic for 5 years now. Makes brilliant coffee every time. You could pick up a pod/ capsule system for that money but the downside is you have to buy the capsules which are not as cheap as ground coffee / beans (and not as fresh). You will certainly be able to pick up either system for your price range. Good luck choosing. Most shops have a Christmas gift version available.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to the Coffee & Tea forum.

OP - Check out the other threads in this forum - they may already contain the advice that you are looking for.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Manona

Thats great, thanks! As I said Im clueless about coffee as Ive never drank it, jsut cant stomach the stuff...the expresso thing makes much more sense now! Appreciate your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 123454

I want to buy a coffee machine that can do everything in one, grind beans and make everything from Americanos to lattes. I want to get a good product that will makes good drinks. I cann spend a few hundred but only want to spend what I need to. Can anyone recommend a good solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 123454

cankles wrote: »
    If its a filter coffee machine, these can be picked up in most electrical retailers for €30-€50. If its the coffee shop experience your after then start off looking for a machine with a 15 bar pump (needed to make "espresso", which is brewing technique, not a type of coffee!). From there you can choose wether to go down the capsule route (Nespresso, Dulce Gusto etc) or the ground coffee route. I have a gaggia classic for 5 years now. Makes brilliant coffee every time. You could pick up a pod/ capsule system for that money but the downside is you have to buy the capsules which are not as cheap as ground coffee / beans (and not as fresh). You will certainly be able to pick up either system for your price range. Good luck choosing. Most shops have a Christmas gift version available.
    I am hoping to get the coffee shop experience from the machine. I was also hoping to use beans:) thanks for your reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭southernstar

The Gaggia classic has been the standard for decades - the equivalent of a volkswagen golf.

Advertisement