Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card advice?

Options
  • 22-11-2011 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Had an 8800GT that died recently, and knowing nothing about the latest cards I went in to maplins to get a replacecment, the guy recommended the Radeon 5450 which I took his advice on and bought. The only game I was running on the pc at the time was WoW, and I could hit full settings with the 8800. Now I have to set most settings to low to even play it.

So in the hopes of playing the new star wars mmo this December, I want to pick up a good card. I'm on a HP with AMD Phenom triple core 2.2 and 2 gigs of ram which I will be upgrading. So without spending a fortune, can I get somewhere above the 8800?

Thanks!

Advertisement