Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halal meat in Irish McDonald`s?

• 22-11-2011 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Hi,Can you tell me if Irish McDonald`s are Halal or not as I was told in France that all the Burger chain`s over there are Halal ? Cheer`s

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Yusuf34

Assalaam Alaykum

A while back, after watching the 'Supersize Me' film where a guy eats McDonalds for a month, I would seriously advise not to eat McDonalds. The guy started to have organ failure after this experiment and after all his doctors advised him to stop eating McDonalds, because it actually made him very very sick and surprisingly addictive to it. I am not saying that, but that's what he said in the movie.

I even saw an experiment where they put all McDonalds burger types and load of McDonald's fries in glass jars to test and see how they decomposed over time, it was digusting, however surprisingly, the cooked McDonalds 'potatoe' fries did not decompose even after all the burgers had totally disintegrated to absolute mush! I wonder if it is real potatoes that they use or something else?! "what could it be" that it stays the same way after weeks and weeks left in a glass jar. Something is seriously wrong, as they also had a glass jar of cooked home-made cut fries and after about a week or so, they were black, yes black. So whats in the McDonald's fries that make them look fresh for weeks and weeks in a glass jar? what are we eating? Halal? Allah knows best!

You have no idea what you are eating when you step into a McDonalds restaurant and of course in Islam; if there is a doubt about something, it is best to stay away from it. Best to go to your local halal butcher or support your local islamic halal kebab diner or buy your own halal mince meat and make your own home-made whopper burger, with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, onion, mayo-ketchup and two bread buns. I am sure it will taste so much better than McDonald's and Insha'Allah you won't become addicted to it.

Allah knows Best!

JazakAllahu Khayr
    Yusuf
    Hi,Can you tell me if Irish McDonald`s are Halal or not as I was told in France that all the Burger chain`s over there are Halal ? Cheer`s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

No not in Ireland. At least I've never seen one. Some subways are though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Thank`s for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Supersize me is out of date. McD changed a lot since then and other parts are just sensationalized.

As for halal meat, even if it was there is no guarantee the stuff isnt cooked with pork products.

Advertisement