Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike jacket as christmas present

• 22-11-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hi all!!

Just looking for some advice, want to get my boyfriend a motorbike jacket as a christmas present and dont know where to start...one that goes up to a xxl/xxxl. Id like to be able to get it in a shop cause i dont really like buying online. Oh and im in Dublin.

Thanks in advance....:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Hey, are you lookin for an actual bike jacket that is going to be used on a bike, or a leather jacket that LOOKS like a biker jacket that won't be used on a bike? Before any smart arse comments come in, one has CE approved armour and the other is a fashion accessory. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Go carefully with this, I wouldn't want Mrs No1J shopping for a bike jacket for me.
    Do you know one of his buddies well that could pick his mind, If I got a nice green one:D that I knew cost a big wedge I'd be sick but still "thank's darling" siht I have to ware this for years.:(
    What's the Bike, what's his Lid, colours etc, his age, Flash B or Hairy B?

Hey, are you lookin for an actual bike jacket that is going to be used on a bike, or a leather jacket that LOOKS like a biker jacket that won't be used on a bike? Before any smart arse comments come in, one has CE approved armour and the other is a fashion accessory. ;)

Never thought of that.

No1J wrote: »
    What's the Bike, what's his Lid, colours etc, his age, Flash B or Hairy B?

Yeah, this info would also be useful. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i agree its something he has to be involved in
    but bring him out to buy one for crimbo : id love that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Cotters in Ballymount, usually cheapest. Then you can check out Bikeworld on the Longmile Road or Megabikes on Wexford Street.

Agree with the others bring him out for a day to buy it. As with all PPE, if it doesn't fit properly it looses it's effectiveness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

or get him a voucher for one of the shops :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Bike gear is stuff that really needs to be tried on. It needs to be a decent fit. Sizes are weird. I tried on a Dainese jacket, can't remember the size, say 54. Then tried a slightly different style and the 54 that fitted fine couldn't even close!
    Same goes for boots. Tried a 10 in alpinestar boots and they were grand (im a 9 in EVERY footware I have), then tried a different style and couldn't even get my foot into a 12!

Buy him a bike instead. I reckon he'd love you if you got him this: http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/2671375

or get him a voucher for one of the shops :)

Ah Jesus, not cool.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

safe enough bet if ya ask me weather its cool or not :)

• Advertisement

safe enough bet if ya ask me weather its cool or not :)

Hay he's a biker, maybe oven gloves with a bike on them?
    Piper come back and tell us a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Piper come back and tell us a bit more.[/QUOTE]

Hey! a girl has gotta sleep!!! (actually gonna be exhausted from choosing a jacket methinks!!!)Ok, here goes, YES HES A BIKER, im not THAT bad...he has a blue bike :-p just kidding, he rides a blue blackbird??? and has a black and silver helmet. I wouldnt call him flashy but not typical hairy biker (he is a bit hairy tho :-/)The jacket he has now is black, I dont want to give him a voucher and I wouldnt be insulted if he brought it back. Maybe if the "Cotters" place does exchanges?? I dont know if you can exchange motorcycle gear.Thanks for all the advice so far though :)
    Forgot to say, hes early 30's (and if any of you recognise this description shhh! say nothing!)

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Bike gear is stuff that really needs to be tried on. It needs to be a decent fit. Sizes are weird. I tried on a Dainese jacket, can't remember the size, say 54. Then tried a slightly different style and the 54 that fitted fine couldn't even close!
    Same goes for boots. Tried a 10 in alpinestar boots and they were grand (im a 9 in EVERY footware I have), then tried a different style and couldn't even get my foot into a 12!

Buy him a bike instead. I reckon he'd love you if you got him this: http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/2671375

Ha ha brilliant! yeah I reckon he would love that :)

Piper101 wrote: »
    Hey! a girl has gotta sleep!!! (actually gonna be exhausted from choosing a jacket methinks!!!)Ok, here goes, YES HES A BIKER, im not THAT bad...he has a blue bike :-p just kidding, he rides a blue blackbird??? and has a black and silver helmet. I wouldnt call him flashy but not typical hairy biker (he is a bit hairy tho :-/)The jacket he has now is black, I dont want to give him a voucher and I wouldnt be insulted if he brought it back. Maybe if the "Cotters" place does exchanges?? I dont know if you can exchange motorcycle gear.Thanks for all the advice so far though :)
    Forgot to say, hes early 30's (and if any of you recognise this description shhh! say nothing!)

Ideally you could head to Newry and get him something from Hein Gericke or Crossans. Websites are www.hein-gericke.co.uk and www.thevisorshop.com You'll get stuff cheaper up there. Bikeworld on the Long Mile Road do Dianese and other brands, but they have big windows for a reason, you may need to re-mortgage going in! LOL. Cotters are good for their bargains, that's a fact. As for price, it depends on what you go for. Alpinestars, Dainese etc will cost a fair few quid, but it's top of the range stuff. RST, Akito, Nitro etc would be entry level stuff and won't cost as much. Hope you get sorted.

Ideally you could head to Newry and get him something from Hein Gericke or Crossans. Websites are www.hein-gericke.co.uk and www.thevisorshop.com You'll get stuff cheaper up there. Bikeworld on the Long Mile Road do Dianese and other brands, but they have big windows for a reason, you may need to re-mortgage going in! LOL. Cotters are good for their bargains, that's a fact. As for price, it depends on what you go for. Alpinestars, Dainese etc will cost a fair few quid, but it's top of the range stuff. RST, Akito, Nitro etc would be entry level stuff and won't cost as much. Hope you get sorted.

Thanks so much for all your help :)

Advertisement