Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1:1 Swimming Lessons Cork

Options
  • 22-11-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I've seen the the previous threads on swimming lessons in Cork. I'm getting swimming lessons in Oakgrove Leisure Centre but I feel 1:1 lessons would get me progressing at a quicker rate. Unfortunately, the problem is trying to get 1:1 lessons at about 8pm in the evening (allowing for work and travelling, depending to which pool the lesson is based is proving a problem). I'm waiting to here back from the various leisure centres to see what options I have. If anybody knows of reputable swimming instructor who could give lessons at around 8pm in the evening, I would be glad to hear from you.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

The Oriel Hotel should be able to help you

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Carrigaline Court have them

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭castlepoint

i,d recommend the carrigaline court aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Eilish Burns in Silversprings is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Eilish Burns in Silversprings is brilliant.

Except you have to jump through hoops to get her. Put your name down (but not until Silversprings are told a week before she'll turn up), then go down at a to-be-determined day and time (could be 7 in the morning, could be 830 at night), just to meet with her in person to discuss your needs.

What happens after that Silversprings weren't able to tell me as it was between you, Eilish and God. If He can make it. Price, time, duration, frequency -- all tbd.

As much fun as that sounds, I resisted and contacted a few places around Cork:

Oriel House (as mentioned): "one to one €25 for 30 min lesson (price is the same for members and non members)"

Oakgrove (Blackrock): "We also run 1:1 lessons from Monday to Thurs from 1:30pm to 6:30pm approx. They cost €25 per half hour and you would do one lesson a week. All lessons are paid for at the start of the month i'e 4 x mondays = €100 paid in advance."

Brookfield (over by UCC): "One to one lessons cost €120.00 for non-member for 6 lessons "

I've not seen any of these personally, but since they're all around the same price and the same distance from my work, I was planning on visiting all 3 to check out the facilities and then pick one. Probably in the new year - learning to swim will be one of my new years resolutions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement